Cy logo

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
If you mean that the quality and/or design of the logo is overrated, I agree. (If it's hideous then obviously that's not good.)

However, if you mean that HAVING a logo is overrated, I couldn't disagree more. Having that one iconic image that everyone associates with you and is ubiquitous to your organization is worth a lot if you do it right.

Get a decent logo, don't change it, and use it everywhere. Easy.

I pretty much think if your program wins.....fans don't care what you have for a secondary mascot logo.

See Texas Tech, Stanford, Boise State and others.

terrible.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Except that the Herky shown here is about as pathetic-looking piece of dung as I've seen.

Not that I'm a big fan of their dated tiger parrot. But to be true to their mascot, aren't they the HawkEYES? Perhaps they should revise their logo (which, when turned on its beak bears a rather striking resemblance to a silhouette of Fred Flintstone) to look like a feathered eyeball. Perhaps, something like this:

This I never understood. 'Hawk' isn't short for 'hawkeye' - I wonder if suckeye fans even know this? They should be rooting for 'the eyes'

You don't see Ohio State calling themselves the "bucks" - their mascot is actually a buckeye.

Very stupid but nothing surprising from our sister institution.

And how in the heck did a tiger get roped into all this? Tiger hawk?????!?? What in the holy f*** is a tiger hawk? Am I missing some association between a tiger and a hawk? Is that Fred Flintstone logo supposed to be the stencil combination between a tiger and a bird? I'm so confused.

fanaticagain

Jun 6, 2009
jp hates cy and has tried to do him in for years. sooner or later, we will have some goofy big I walking around at games.

Flawed logic. If JP hated Cy, why would he get rid of the half bird-half tornado in favor of an all bird logo? Wouldn't he go all tornado instead--or just get rid of the secondary logo altogether?

Last edited:

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
This I never understood. 'Hawk' isn't short for 'hawkeye' - I wonder if suckeye fans even know this? They should be rooting for 'the eyes'

You don't see Ohio State calling themselves the "bucks" - their mascot is actually a buckeye.

Very stupid but nothing surprising from our sister institution.

And how in the heck did a tiger get roped into all this? Tiger hawk?????!?? What in the holy f*** is a tiger hawk? Am I missing some association between a tiger and a hawk? Is that Fred Flintstone logo supposed to be the stencil combination between a tiger and a bird? I'm so confused.

Actually some do cheer GO BUCKS. It's nonsense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron