Cyclone Club Membership breakdown

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I was looking at the current list of Cyclone Club Members, and there are very few former athletes contributing......for example: Grayer, Hornacek, Fizer, Hobbs, Cato etc.....they can't even give $100? Did the University turn them off?

Membership Link

Hornacek is a lifetime member of the Letterwinner's club. None of the other guys are though, neither is Hayward, Wallace, Tinsley, or Rosenfels...

Interesting, Baseball has more members of the Letterwinner's club then every sport besides football...

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Most people dont even know how easy it is to have their company they work for match their givings to the NCC. Write your check to the ISU foundation and have your work place match it if you can!

We need a HUGE upgrade in NCC givings if we have any chance at bowling in the south endzone or building the basketball practice facility.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Most people dont even know how easy it is to have their company they work for match their givings to the NCC. Write your check to the ISU foundation and have your work place match it if you can!

We need a HUGE upgrade in NCC givings if we have any chance at bowling in the south endzone or building the basketball practice facility.

I will be doing this for the next season! Just in time for new seats:smile:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I'm not a graduate and a member. I know the first time I donated I also had to search on how to do it.

That was my exact problem. I had to search out info on it, the alumni association calls me at least once every other month, and every time I tell them they are never getting a single penny of my money. The ONLY thing I will donate to ISU is to the NCC. There is a whole long story behind that, but lets just say ISU almost screwed me out of graduating, and it was only by accident they caught it at the last minute.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
WooHoo! Carroll County's #1!!

Having lived in Arcadia I am very proud of Carroll County's membership numbers.

I have always said that the iowa state alumni could give a rats patoot less about the athletic department and these figures give credence to those numbers.

I am related to a bunch of isu alumni and to my knowledge NONE of these Alums have ever given a cent to the athletic dept or even to the university itself.

I am proud to say that I HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE ATHLETIC DEPT AND THE CYCLONE CLUBS BOTH NATIONAL AND LOCAL!!

Guess what boys I have never stepped in a classroom on the campus of ISU!!

Sez it all doesnt it boys!!!!!!!!!!! GET YOUR WALLETS OUT AND BE BETTER THAN THE ALUMS WHO ARE TOO CHEAP TO GIVE MONEY!!

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
Speaking of the NCC, how does the renewal work? I know it goes by calendar year now, but I haven't received any renewal info in the mail yet. Do they send it out in January?

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
If the NCC would only call and annoy the crap outta the alumni every other week like the Alumni Assoc. they'd be rollin in bank.

They should throw in a sales pitch at the end of commencment too, right after everyone has recieved their diplomas and wants to be getting the **** out of there to celebrate...

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Wish my company allowed this, but they exclude the NCC and Iowa's club.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Wish my company allowed this, but they exclude the NCC and Iowa's club.

What I think he's saying, and I've heard from other people, is that you can send you donation directly to the ISU Foundation - which handles all the Unversities fundraising money I believe - and have your money "earmarked" for the NCC. Since it's the university and not specifically the athletic dept, most companies aren't the wiser. And you get the double up credited to your NCC membership.

Definitely check with the Foundation beforehand, though. (and let me know what you find out :wink:)