Cyclone Football Twitter

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Are those black helmets new?
I think so, in that they are more of a satin finish this year, versus the past gloss. I thought I heard that earlier, and the is my observation just looking at them.

And what, this will only be the 2nd time this year for the black helmet?

Reactions: cycloneML

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
I thought he was referring to the appearance of the 'black', not the decals. I could be wrong. Obviously we've worn the colored decals several times, just not recently.
I was referring to the black helmet with the red/gold decal. I didn't realize we wore it against Notre Dame. I never got to watch that game. In any case, the B/C/C looks sharp!

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I was referring to the black helmet with the red/gold decal. I didn't realize we wore it against Notre Dame. I never got to watch that game. In any case, the B/C/C looks sharp!
Yeah, Camping World Bowl v Notre Dame, Baylor in 2018 with the Black collar jerseys. Maybe a time or two others. It's not worn often.
ISU Unis CampingWolrdBowl BCC BreHall.jpg
ISU Unis Baylor b-c-c 1a.jpg

I think if we are going to keep the black helmets (and I think we are) we should do this look 1x/year. If not a home game, try the black helmet with colored decals on an away game (b/w/c , black socks ?)

Both examples above we should have gone with black gloves. Especially since we did away with the black collar. Need some black at the mid body somewhere.

Reactions: StLouisClone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Didn’t catch this right away, but apparently Aidan Bitter won’t be using his fifth (redshirt) year. At least, not here.

Don’t blame him. Easily one of our top WR’s…. and never gets to play hardly.

Good luck to him!!

• Useful
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Don’t blame him. Easily one of our top WR’s…. and never gets to play hardly.

Good luck to him!!
That’s a lot of assumption you’ve got going on there.

One of our “top” receivers in terms of experience, and a solid player—but he has to be looking over his shoulder.

And some guys are simply happy to make it through their playing careers without lingering injuries, and start their work careers. Or a grad school that doesn’t mesh well with football.

Guess we’ll see what Aidan chooses.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Here’s two reasons to expand the Jack.

One, so we can seat more people for peak games.

Two…

The 2022 FBS average attendance was 41,840. But what was the 2022 average attendance for the P5 teams? Seems to me the MW, American, MAC, etc. would water down the FBS average considerably

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Here’s two reasons to expand the Jack.

One, so we can seat more people for peak games.

Two…

Jack won't be expanded for a long time. A few things have to happen/be decided for it even be discussed:
1. Several more years in a row of attendance like this, note attendance would have been a bit lower if we didn't get perfect weather all year
2. CyTown and other major projects in flight are complete
3. Do they dare get rid of the final 2 hillsides? The next logical expansion would be adding lower level seating on the hills and then adding upper level there as well.

Not to mention we'd likely need some massive donations.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
The 2022 FBS average attendance was 41,840. But what was the 2022 average attendance for the P5 teams? Seems to me the MW, American, MAC, etc. would water down the FBS average considerably
They would but the 7 or 8 100k+ stadiums would also skew P5 averages.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Jack won't be expanded for a long time. A few things have to happen/be decided for it even be discussed:
1. Several more years in a row of attendance like this, note attendance would have been a bit lower if we didn't get perfect weather all year
2. CyTown and other major projects in flight are complete
3. Do they dare get rid of the final 2 hillsides? The next logical expansion would be adding lower level seating on the hills and then adding upper level there as well.

Not to mention we'd likely need some massive donations.
I have an odd suspicion that next year, season ticket sales will be through the roof.

When I win the Powerball, I’ll be happy to provide that massive donation. You know, the AClone North End Zone?

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
They would but the 7 or 8 100k+ stadiums would also skew P5 averages.
True, but the big 12 more closely resembles the current PAC, SEC, ACC, and Big 10 than a MWC, American, or MAC. A more valid comparison for attendance would be using attendance from the current P5 group than all of FBS

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
@Aclone and @JimmyChitwood, you do realized my post was mocking a post that said, "Easily one of our top WR’s…. and never gets to play hardly." right? It had nothing to do with actually firing CMC.
Yes, I realized that. That’s why I marked it as creative, because you were being…creative.

Apparently Chitwood didn’t.