Cyclone Hazy IPA

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Nice. Backpocket has always been hit/miss with me but they've improved a lot over the last few years. Fingers crossed that this is a good one.

In collaboration with @iowastateu & @cycloneath, we are so excited to introduce Cyclones Hazy!
This Hazy IPA was brewed with Galaxy, Citra, and Mosaic hops - then heavily dry hopped with Vic Secret for sweet flavors of pineapple, passion fruit & citrus! There is no better way to show your ISU pride than with a Cyclones Hazy in hand. Available 9/22 at participating retailers.

369845746_274744088641400_5680429351289925198_n.jpg

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Nice. Backpocket has always been hit/miss with me but they've improved a lot over the last few years. Fingers crossed that this is a good one.

In collaboration with @iowastateu & @cycloneath, we are so excited to introduce Cyclones Hazy!
This Hazy IPA was brewed with Galaxy, Citra, and Mosaic hops - then heavily dry hopped with Vic Secret for sweet flavors of pineapple, passion fruit & citrus! There is no better way to show your ISU pride than with a Cyclones Hazy in hand. Available 9/22 at participating retailers.

View attachment 115806
This is the one I've been waiting for. :eggplant:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Cool can but this getting a little stupid. No offense to the athletics department, but the collective needs money a lot more than they do. And I hope that they know that.

I think both need it and it'll work best if they are on the same page promoting each other. Blum and JP are tight and so far its shown this is their path going forward.

Reactions: Clonefan94

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Cool can but this getting a little stupid. No offense to the athletics department, but the collective needs money a lot more than they do. And I hope that they know that.
Did you see the email Pollard sent out for the collective last week? I think the AD is aware the collective needs money. I feel confident we have a ways to go before we saturate the Cyclone branded craft beer market.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
I 100% agree with this. People will get confused and buy these other cans thinking they're heping out WeWill. I guarantee it.
The more beers out there, the more possibilities for people to get confused. And WeWill definitely needs the money more than the atheletic department. If Jamie wants to open up Jack Trice beer sales for everyone, he can get his needed money.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I 100% agree with this. People will get confused and buy these other cans thinking they're heping out WeWill. I guarantee it.
The more beers out there, the more possibilities for people to get confused. And WeWill definitely needs the money more than the atheletic department. If Jamie wants to open up Jack Trice beer sales for everyone, he can get his needed money.

Did you hear Blum talk about the people he met during RAGBRAI? Seems a large segment of the population doesn't even know We Will exists/what it is. Don't think having multiple Cyclone beers is going to move the needle much. He has also mentioned the beer revenue won't even come close to the direct donations from people - more a nice supplement.

• Winner
Reactions: MJ29 and Candide

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Clone fest will be seasonal and the other 2 are more craft beery focused. We Will is a lager and will be much more widely appealing. As a craft beer enthusiast I love a good lager and my Dad who is not as much of an enthusiast will drink a good lager. I still think We Will will be a MUCH bigger seller. Those other beers are a great way for the AD to get a little extra money when people are looking for something different

Reactions: MJ29

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Did you hear Blum talk about the people he met during RAGBRAI? Seems a large segment of the population doesn't even know We Will exists/what it is. Don't think having multiple Cyclone beers is going to move the needle much. He has also mentioned the beer revenue won't even come close to the direct donations from people - more a nice supplement.
Which is sad because look at Swarm, they're getting like 100K a month from their beer sales already.