cyclones.com screwed up?

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Is cyclones.com screwed up for everyone else? I checked the website a week or so ago to look at the basketball roster, and it looked like the site had been redesigned to center around social media content. However, it appeared that the website was not being displayed correctly, and I could not find any links or informations, such as football schedule, etc.

I checked it again today and it remains broken for me. I've checked it in Chrome and IE. Seems odd that it would be broken for this long and not fixed.

Curious if others experience the same thing?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Not sure why you can't find it. There's a menu across the top. Hover over the word Sports and you'll get a drop down of all sports with links to their schedule & roster. Disclaimer: I use Firefox on a desktop. Mobile might be different.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It just runs really slow now. Also kind of worried than none of the video runs. I don't have Cyclones.tv at the moment but the ones that are supposed to be there for everyone don't run. Old version wasn't flashy but at least I didn't have to wait half my life away for stuff to load.

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Not sure why you can't find it. There's a menu across the top. Hover over the word Sports and you'll get a drop down of all sports with links to their schedule & roster. Disclaimer: I use Firefox on a desktop. Mobile might be different.

Hmm.. weird. I do not see "Sports" or any of the links across the top. These are the only links I see:

MEDIA WALL
It definitely looks like an issue where the CSS isn't working correctly in my browser. I have checked in Chrome and IE on desktop, and both have the identical issues. Haven't tried Firefox yet, as I don't have that installed here at work. Haven't looked on mobile either.

You certainly would have thought the website team would have thoroughly tested the site compatability before launching. Surprised they haven't gotten more complaints and fixed it yet. Hopefully this gets remedied because right now, cyclones.com is completely useless.

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
It just runs really slow now. Also kind of worried than none of the video runs. I don't have Cyclones.tv at the moment but the ones that are supposed to be there for everyone don't run. Old version wasn't flashy but at least I didn't have to wait half my life away for stuff to load.

Yeah, right now, it's not a huge deal, as I was mainly just looking to check the football schedule (which is available elsewhere), but I do subsribe to Cyclones.tv at the start of basketball season for the out of conference games. Hope they can work out the kinks by then!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I get that media wall page at first but then if you wait forever the main page comes up. Using Chrome.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I can't get anything but the Media Wall to come up. Tried Chrome, IE and Firefox.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Their new site has been up a while. Disappointing their computer people couldn't do better than this. Not to cave this (I guess it's all cave anymore:() but wonder if this is part of what they privatized when they laid off people?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Disappointing their computer people couldn't do better than this. Not to cave this (I guess it's all cave anymore:() but wonder if this is part of what they privatized when they laid off people?

Cyclones.com has nothing to do with the university's IT staffing. It's a separate website hosted by a third party.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
The site works fine for me, I have found that when I change the zoom the menu option change. Takes awhile to get used to. Cyclone.tv works better on the new site.

When you go to 200% zoom the menus change on Cyclone.com they also change on this site when you go to 200% zoom.

Last edited:

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I had the same problem and found out my antivirus was interfering for some reason. Just a quick setting change on the webpage fixed it

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
If you have ad blocker every time you load a page it gives you a "We've detected an ad blocker. Please turn it off to enable full browsing experience." message. Very annoying.