Cyclones in Nashville

CloneFan03

Mar 18, 2008
Cedar Falls, IA
Anyone in/around Nashville?! I see the ISUAA Nashville Club is no longer in existence. I am thinking about getting it started again, but wondered if there were other Cyclones in Music City (besides the 6 that I already know).

PM me if you are around and interested, also with some suggestions for Game Watch locations.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I thought you were saying our plane was checking out the next football conference.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If we can get Memphis in our new league, I am sure you could get the club view going.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
Anyone in/around Nashville?! I see the ISUAA Nashville Club is no longer in existence. I am thinking about getting it started again, but wondered if there were other Cyclones in Music City (besides the 6 that I already know).

PM me if you are around and interested, also with some suggestions for Game Watch locations.

i live about an hour east of nashville, i would be interested, but driving to nashville with no place to stay after (likely getting wasted) probably isn't going to happen. lebanon i could potentially do.

sucks, i live at the appalachian center for craft and there is NO tv here on campus. i have to watch on 1990's speed internet (nearly impossible) or drive to cookeville as there are only two bars in smithville and neither is a sports bar. this place blows for sports viewing.

4EverACyclone

Jun 18, 2011
Omaha, NE
In 2 weeks I'll be moving to Chattanooga and would be interested in getting something going in Nashville. I will be working out of both Nashville and Chattanooga. Let me know if something starts.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I'll be moving to Nashville in a couple months and I was wondering if anything ever happened with this. I'd love to have a place to watch the games with Cyclone fans.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
If you contact the ISUAA, they will have an estimate of how many people are in the area, and how many people that are subscribed to their emails. I started a gamewatch group here in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area a few years ago. They were pretty helpful in getting us established as an "official gamewatch location". We've been pretty active, and now we're a ISUAA club. There are 800+ alumni in the area, 300 of which subscribe to the ISUAA email announcements for gamewatches and other events. We range in football gamewatches between 15 and 35 people, depending on the match-up.

Contacting the ISUAA is the easy part. The hard part is establishing an "official" gamewatch location. Around here almost all of the good sports bars already had alumni groups and couldn't take on any more. When you look for one, make sure they can guarantee your group a TV and tables for every game. If you tell the sports bar the stats for Nashville from the ISUAA, it might be a good selling point as essentially free advertising for their group.

Edit:
Here's your contact for the ISUAA. http://www.isualum.org/en/about_us/isuaa_staff/tillie_good/

DowntownCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Ankeny

My older brother and his family live in Hendersonville, I'll give him a shout as I'm sure they would be interested and would know some locations.