NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I woke to see the news that Talen Horton-Tucker some some good PT last night. I should've recorded that game. LeBron sat - supposedly with a sore groin - and Talen was in the game in the 1st quarter. His highlights - as well as turnovers etc - were already on youtube:

THT's line: 19 MIN, 10 PTS, 4-6 FG, 0-2 3PT, 2-4 FT, 2 REB, 1 AST, 4 STL, 3 TO and 4 PF.

From those highlights, it looks like he's NBA-ready in terms of going to the basket. He makes a couple bad passes there and there's not enough for me to see his defense or his outside shooting. But some "fearless" (announcers' term) finishes for THT. I didn't realize it but those are his first regular season points.

Reactions: ABECyguy

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Monte got the start last night again with the Nuggets still missing 3 starters on Denver's one back-to-back stretch, in a loss to Portland. I couldn't get the game but it seems like the trailed about the whole game, got it to within 1 point in the 4th (at least when I checked; maybe they had a lead at some pt) but ended up with 125-115 loss. I don't know if it was fatigue but Monte didn't add much to his line in the forth quarter. He ended with 30 MIN, 11 PTS, 4-10 FG, 1-3 3 PT, 2-3 FT, 4 REB, 1 AST and 1 TO.

Naz got a couple mop-up minutes in the Pacers' 15-pt loss to the now-powerful Suns. He missed a shot and got a board but his +2 tied for the team lead :)

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This game isn't televised locally that I can tell, but look for a lot of minutes for Georges today. Gobert, Mitchell, Conley, and Royce O'Neal all sitting today for the Jazz

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This game isn't televised locally that I can tell, but look for a lot of minutes for Georges today. Gobert, Mitchell, Conley, and Royce O'Neal all sitting today for the Jazz

Try that out for size. Works like a charm for every single NBA game.

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
Watched the Laker game last night and was impressed with THT. Smooth going to the hoop and played some decent defense at times. The Announcers were impressed with him also. Ernie mentioned him and Iowa State in the post game show so that is always a win.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Matt Thomas hit 2 3-pointers (of 4 taken) after the Raptors' blowout loss to the Celts was already decided. He played 13 minutes and had 2 AST and 1 BLK.

Nader had a cold shooting performance of 1-7 from 3 (all of his shots) in the Thunder's big loss to Memphis. Unlike Matt, he was in the rotation.

Burton got into that one and missed all three of his 3-pointers in 7 minutes. He did add 2 steals and an assist to his totals.

Shayok dressed but didn't play in the 76ers' Simmons-less win over the Magic.

Combine the Thunder guys' stats with Georges' 1-5 from 3 PT yesterday and without Matt, Cyclones shot a blistering 2-15 for the day from 3. 4-19 with Matt looks a little better.

I hope Georges gets on track. He has an opportunity and the Jazz needs him but he's been ice cold.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Matt Thomas hit 2 3-pointers (of 4 taken) after the Raptors' blowout loss to the Celts was already decided. He played 13 minutes and had 2 AST and 1 BLK.

Nader had a cold shooting performance of 1-7 from 3 (all of his shots) in the Thunder's big loss to Memphis. Unlike Matt, he was in the rotation.

Burton got into that one and missed all three of his 3-pointers in 7 minutes. He did add 2 steals and an assist to his totals.

Shayok dressed but didn't play in the 76ers' Simmons-less win over the Magic.

Combine the Thunder guys' stats with Georges' 1-5 from 3 PT yesterday and without Matt, Cyclones shot a blistering 2-15 for the day from 3. 4-19 with Matt looks a little better.

I hope Georges gets on track. He has an opportunity and the Jazz needs him but he's been ice cold.

Yeah, Georges has had a bad stretch, which happens, but definitely missing on the opportunity in front of him right now. He'll get it going.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron