NBA: Cyclones in the pros 2021-23 (hoops)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What's your measure?

First off four of the very best players (imho) aren’t American born which has never been the case before.

Then in advanced metrics like PER, win shares, points produced he is very often around the 3-10 mark.

It’s a debate for sure, but he’s in it if his production is like his current play or better. You can also see it in how really bad the Pacers were when he was out.

Reactions: simply1

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Looks to me like THT has slimmed down a bit. Probably due to the plating time. Keep the lbs off over the off-season and he might have changed his career trajectory.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Looks to me like THT has slimmed down a bit. Probably due to the plating time. Keep the lbs off over the off-season and he might have changed his career trajectory.

It is crazy to me that LA reworked his deal and gave him the 3 year 30 million dollar contract when they did. He is the highest paid cyclone right now. He has 1 year left on that, so I hope you are right and he can get another contract in the same ball park.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Noticed my typo, "plating time."
I think it might have been plating time that caused his stock to fall!

• Funny
Reactions: HawaiiClone

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Crazy how well our guys are doing in the association. Not just journeymen but solid starters or reserves or in haliburton case an all star caliber player.

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
THT as a super long physical point guard has so much upside. I don't know him well enough like our 3-4 year playoffs or Haliburton to know his personal approach and mindset.
It seemed like he really improved his game the year he was floating between the g-league and the Lakers. He bet on himself to grow in the pro setting instead of an additional year in college and it seemed to payoff during his 2nd year. Then he really struggled with his shot last year. It feels like he is dedicated enough to put the work in.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Is there an easy way to look up Pacers record when Tyrese is out? It seems like the basically haven't won without him in lineup.

He's been out 15 of 69 games and. I could be wrong...but I think they are 1-14 with him out, maybe 2-13 if I added up wrong. I know they went 1-9 in the first bit of games he missed.

Hope it's nothing big this time.

It seems like they are more concerned with him having slight injuries than making the playoffs only a game out. Can't say I disagree since if they can somehow add another key piece with him they could be pretty legit next year.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
Is there an easy way to look up Pacers record when Tyrese is out? It seems like the basically haven't won without him in lineup.

He's been out 15 of 69 games and. I could be wrong...but I think they are 1-14 with him out, maybe 2-13 if I added up wrong. I know they went 1-9 in the first bit of games he missed.

It seems like they are more concerned with him having slight injuries than making the playoffs only a game out. Can't say I disagree since if they can somehow add another key piece with him they could be pretty legit next year.
Last I saw it was 27-23 with, 2-13 without, but they've played a couple of games since then

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

Looks like 28-26 with and 3-12 without

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Yes,sure looks a lot different. Hope he’s a better teammate.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron