Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Tyrus McGee just signed with Liga ACB's San Pablo Burgos, the team finished 6th and 4th in the past two seasons.

Tyrus' Dunk of the Year.

If you have time tonight, please watch Tyrus' team (AfterShocks, #2 seed in the Wichita Region) in The Basketball Tournament on ESPN2.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Bump. So Tyrus is on the Aftershocks just tipped on ESPN 2.... and their opponent the Ex-Pats have Prentiss Nixono_O starting for them!??!?

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
TBH I came to watch Tyrus McGee but I'm pleasantly surprised by Prentiss Nixon, who is playing great and leading the team with over 20 pts. Lots of praise from Cyclone homer Fran Fraschilla. :)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Tyus McGee made some great passes in the AfterShocks' win over the Ex-Pats in the TBT. And he looks like his defense has really gotten better overseas (never his strong point at ISU). Prentiss' team is out of the tourney now.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Aftershocks won the game 60-53 on a Tyrus' assist with the game-winner and advanced to the 2nd round.

Stats:

Tyrus McGee: 5 PT (2-9), 2 REB, 3 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK, 2 TO.

Prentiss Nixon: 21 PT (9-19), 6 REB, 1 AST, 1 STL, 1 TO.

It's such a great atmosphere in Wichita and the fans are so excited to cheer for their own team after not being able to pack the house for so long. I fully expect Hilton to go wild this winter and hopefully someday TBT can come to Hilton.

Game Highlights

Prentiss Nixon's Exclusive Highlights

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Sorry if I missed it but Royce White is playing in the Big 3 apparently... and now is featured in the game of the week on CBS. Actually Royce's game is perfectly suited to the format, curious to see him in action again.

Vs Joe "Max Deal" Johnson

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Saw the Big 3 was on CBS and I turned it on to find Mike Taylor put up 25 in a win. Pretty cool to see he’s still hooping.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Tyrus McGee's team AfterShocks has advanced to the Region Final (like the Elite Eight) of The Basketball Tournament. I was watching the NBA Finals last night and didn't catch the live-action. Based on the box score, Tyrus played well and scored 10 PT and grabbed 5 REB. His only assist of the game came as the gaming-winning dime. This is the second time Tyrus made a game-winning assist in the past three games and his team won all three games in thrilling fashion. Now they are moving onto Dayton for the quarter-final (vs Florida TNT on July 31).

Check out the game-winning play from different angles.

Game highlights

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Rumor involving Dame Lilliard and THT:

This may have been posted before, but if not before the draft, here is a "Draft memories" video on Talen NBA Draft Day Memories: Talen Horton-Tucker, Presented by Jeep - CBSSports.com

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Naz got a new deal and will be playing in Lega Basket Serie A (Italy) next season. I hope he plays well down there while making some good money.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Naz got a new deal and will be playing in Lega Basket Serie A (Italy) next season. I hope he plays well down there while making some good money.

I almost missed this news. Good luck in Brescia, Naz! You're a great ambassador and a Cyclone legend. Italy has a gooood league - that'll be fun for him.

Help Support Us

Become a patron