Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
At $10M a year he better be ready to contribute more than the 12 minutes a game he averaged last year.

They're gonna be one of the oldest teams in the league.

Great contract for him because he'll be young enough to sign another huge one if he stays healthy.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Yeah he made the right move leaving after is freshman year.
"Horton-Tucker is an important player for the Lakers -- a 20-year-old ascending talent with a penchant for scoring." $32M, 3 year contract,

How do 22 yr old Joe W and 23 yr old Luka feel about THT?

• Dumb
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Love Niang to the Sixers. Now two of my favorite players on the same team in Embiid and Niang. Will be interesting to see if they end up trading Simmons or not.

Nader staying with Suns is good for him.

THT is going to be a big part of the team next year because they are so old he will likely be one of the only guys available every game. Good contract for him as well because if he keeps getting better like he has been doing, he can get a huge contract in only 3 years.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Hometown article on Georges' move to the 76ers. Some blurbs:

After his 2020-21 season, in which he averaged 6.9 points per game and hit 42% of his 3-point attempts, his time would eventually come. But when it's your career and you're technically unemployed, it's, well, nervewracking.

Bill Burt, The Eagle-Tribune, North Andover, Mass.
Fri, August 6, 2021, 7:15 AM

Aug. 6—A month ago, Georges Niang's immediate future was caught in the NBA system — which meant his livelihood was put on hold.
The Methuen-born NBA free agent had to hit the pause button, basically waiting for trades, the NBA Draft and the big money free agents to get their big money.
And then, well, it would be his turn.
After his 2020-21 season, in which he averaged 6.9 points per game and hit 42% of his 3-point attempts, his time would eventually come. But when it's your career and you're technically unemployed, it's, well, nervewracking.

Right?
"You don't even know," said Niang, five years into an NBA career that is five years longer than most people predicted.
Then came a phone call, the call he'd been waiting for, from an NBA coach Boston fans know well — Doc Rivers.

"That phone call was a big factor in my decision to go there," said Niang. "Like Utah, Philadelphia has a chance to compete for a title. And personally, I love the fact that Philly is like Boston. The fans are crazy. They love their sports. It's my kind of city."

Full article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/doc-rivers-sixers-sign-methuens-111500948.html

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Georges is excited to play with Embiid:

I’m sure he’ll benefit offensively from Embiid garnering attention, but he also won’t has as good of ball handlers to get him the ball either.

Also, while certainly no slouch, Embiid isn’t the defensive player Gobert was either. Curious if that will have an effect on Niang defensively, where he already struggles. Or maybe it will actually help him?