Cyclones in the XFL

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Brahmas kinda reminds me of last season’s Cyclones team. Defense looks tough but offense isn’t doing them any favors lol

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I was just reading up on the USFL (kicking off again in April) will once again have a season where teams have no actual home games. Last year, everybody played in Birmingham, this year, 4 cities will host two teams each. I just don't think they can go two whole years with teams that belong to cities in name only. You have to build fan bases.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I was just reading up on the USFL (kicking off again in April) will once again have a season where teams have no actual home games. Last year, everybody played in Birmingham, this year, 4 cities will host two teams each. I just don't think they can go two whole years with teams that belong to cities in name only. You have to build fan bases.
This XFL seems like a more watchable product to me than what I saw last year from the USFL.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I tell you if I was going to make a list of Cyclone players I thought were going to make it in the NFL because of how they dominated on the field at ISU, Hakeem Butler would be near the top of that list. It's a little shocking how easily you can fall of the football map.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
I tell you if I was going to make a list of Cyclone players I thought were going to make it in the NFL because of how they dominated on the field at ISU, Hakeem Butler would be near the top of that list. It's a little shocking how easily you can fall of the football map.
I think he belongs somewhere.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

And he was 5th round XFL.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
FOX Sports owns virtually all of the USFL, it's just a TV inventory generator.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Recency bias and Dwayne Johnson might be playing a factor here.
There was a spring league a couple years ago (2019?) that folded before the end of their season that was just terrible ball. This is much better than that. But you do need the fan atmosphere for it to feel like real football, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
There was a spring league a couple years ago (2019?) that folded before the end of their season that was just terrible ball. This is much better than that. But you do need the fan atmosphere for it to feel like real football, IMO.
Yes I believe it was the AAF or something like that and Covid didn’t help.

Reactions: Die4Cy