Cyclones.tv question

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
It wasn't just you that was having problems. I believe it was everyone so it must have had something to do with their end of things not ours.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Shouldn't have issues with that speed. Mine is 1/2 that and I never have issues. Not sure what to say other than a good ol' fashion "I'll be damned"

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Nope. Watched it on my laptop while surfing CF without issue.

Humm mine was terrible and I have great internet. Thought I remember getting on here and seeing people with the same problem so I figured it was a problem cyclones.tv was having.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
My feed was terrible for the last game, after it being great for the first game. No rhyme or reason, but super-frustrating.

I also kept getting logged out every few minutes, and the support guy told me that I had given out my password to someone, which I hadn't.

I am hoping for a better experience tonight, and I can't wait until games are on TV.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Humm mine was terrible and I have great internet. Thought I remember getting on here and seeing people with the same problem so I figured it was a problem cyclones.tv was having.

Oh, I'm not saying there wasn't an issue. I noticed way more people having issues than any other game (other than the UNI server crash, which also didn't affect me). Not sure how to explain it but for some reason I don't have issues.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Mine was locking up something horrible in the 2nd half. It was unwatchable. That was the first time it's happened since I started watching live things on Cyclones.TV so giving them the benefit of the doubt, but if it happens again tonight I am going to start to get PO'd.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Oh, I'm not saying there wasn't an issue. I noticed way more people having issues than any other game (other than the UNI server crash, which also didn't affect me). Not sure how to explain it but for some reason I don't have issues.

Made a deal with the devil eh?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've had problems (slow response and jumpy) if I have been watching video on Cyclone.tv previously, but no problems if I reboot and start fresh (or if I haven't previously been watching video on Cyclone.tv).

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Video Graphics - Intel Media Accelerator 4500M

That is integrated graphics (on the motherboard rather than separate card) but that shouldn't matter. The laptop I usually use also has integrated graphics.

Like others have said it was likely something on the distribution end.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I rebooted, refreshed, did cartwheels, and farted the nat'l anthem and it still didn't fix things.

Hoping tonight is different.

Tredici

Mar 2, 2011
West Des Moines
I run about 8mbps with my internet connection, and I had flawless HD all game. Didn't skip a beat and I live in Chicago.

I am running a 6 core 3.5Ghz processor, 10 gigs of memory, and a 2GB dedicated graphics card on my desktop if it makes a difference.

Tredici

Mar 2, 2011
West Des Moines
Did you play COD on a split-screen, too?

Haha. Nope not much of a PC gamer. Just figured it was finally time for an upgrade. I should be set for at a minimum the next 4 years (seeing as how fast technology changes). I do a lot of engineering/design the requires a decent amount of memory/processing power.

A good desktop these days can be dirt cheap compared to the higher spec laptop. No need for a laptop when my company provides one.