CyHawk Hot Takes

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
It would be 6 pick-sixes and two safeties.

I was thinking of putting something in my post about how much of that was coming via defense or special teams because if it was all Iowa offense I think Heacock would retire from coaching. ;)

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I have a not so Hot Take but it still is weird:

Haydenism is generational and alive and well.

Last Saturday I was at the CR Best Buy and when checking out the cashier, who couldn't have been older than 25, made some comment about my ISU shirt, something like 'You're wearing the wrong shirt today'.

I didn't say anything just to stay out of such a weird petty bullying saga.
Rejoinder: and what was your degree in at Iowa?

• Winner
Reactions: CascadeClone

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I have a not so Hot Take but it still is weird:

Haydenism is generational and alive and well.

Last Saturday I was at the CR Best Buy and when checking out the cashier, who couldn't have been older than 25, made some comment about my ISU shirt, something like 'You're wearing the wrong shirt today'.

I didn't say anything just to stay out of such a weird petty bullying saga.
"Sorry, my Kirkwood shirt is in the laundry basket."

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yesterday the wife and I went to a bar in CR and naturally, I wore my ISU gear. I got a friendly "Go Hawks" by someone not 5 seconds walking in. Later in the evening, I went up to pay my tab and a guy came up to me and asked me if the Big 12 was even going to be a conference next year with Texas and Oklahoma leaving... Which I responded that we'll be just fine now that Colorado, Utah, Arizona and Arizona State are members next year. He had ZERO clue that happened. He also didn't know that Utah has been damn successful in the Pac 12.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
2 point defensive score.

As in the final score is 12-10, the difference being a defensive safety.
5-3 with a safety and two long FGs. Neither team breaks the opponent's 35 yard line, so NO red zone plays or even close to that.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
5-3 with a safety and two long FGs. Neither team breaks the opponent's 35 yard line, so NO red zone plays or even close to that.
That'd be so fugly, it'd be beautiful. Assuming we come out on top.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Hawkeye band can't get into Jack Trice because they are still using screen shots.

On a serious note...are they even coming this year?

I think after they ran over people intentionally that was the end of them being in Jack Trice.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Is that a fact? I've not heard if they are coming Saturday or not. I hope not. We already have to contend with several thousand Tavern Hawks, and multiple politicians. Don't need to add anymore jacka$$@s to the gameday experience.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Is that a fact? I've not heard if they are coming Saturday or not. I hope not. We already have to contend with several thousand Tavern Hawks, and multiple politicians. Don't need to add anymore jacka$$@s to the gameday experience.
Probably aren't allowed back in until they pass the entrance exam. One question: You are told to exit the gate to the right, which is empty. The gate on the left is packed with fans. Which gate do you go to?

Still haven't been able to correctly answer.