Cy's House of Trivia 2022

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
A little unfortunate, someone at our table won a raffle prize, but we couldn’t hear the numbers very clear because where we sat had horrible acoustics. Later that night, a guy was walking around to the tables saying there were 2 unclaimed prizes. We went up and checked, and sure enough had a winner but they had already redrawn and given to someone else.

Worse things have happened, but we felt a little screwed.
Yeah the audio was rough. No idea why they didn't put the winning numbers up on the video board.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The winter Olympic sports got us. Too many names/sports to write down & not enough time to write them. It seemed like that category only had ten seconds to answer each question, too. :(

Yeah, there were a couple rounds they really whipped through the questions. Hard to talk over a question with the table when they're already on to the next one.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
The movie songs and Winter Olympics were our best categories, lol! But I guess everyone has their areas of expertise. I was almost completely useless in the business and poetry categories. Think I personally knew two business questions and none of from poetry (which did not surprise me in the least as I've always found it to be dreadfully boring and has been avoided accordingly my whole life). We had people who rocked the Disney+ category pretty good, too.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
What was the prize or what are the prizes?

Ranged from a home gameroom set up to a gift card bucket to a dinner in the Presidential suite. Most had stated values of around $1000.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Had a really good time. Free food, free drinks, chatting with random people.

There's not really a way to expand it in the current form. It's takes time for the judges to check all 100+ team answer sheets.

The only part I found disappointing was as the rounds went on, some of the "celebs" decided to just stand on the fringes and talk amongst themselves instead of going to the specific tables.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

There's not really a way to expand it in the current form. It's takes time for the judges to check all 100+ team answer sheets.

The only part I found disappointing was as the rounds went on, some of the "celebs" decided to just stand on the fringes and talk amongst themselves instead of going to the specific tables.

Who were the celebs?

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Who were the celebs?

There were a bunch of coaches from the different sports, former players (which were cool to talk with), and others from central Iowa like Ed Wilson.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I thought the appetizers were a little suspect. We went through the line around 5:30 and everything was lukewarm at best. After seeing that Jack Trice got dinged with a health code violation for the hot dogs not being stored at a high enough temp, it made me a bit queasy.

• Agree
Reactions: bsaltyman

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I thought the appetizers were a little suspect. We went through the line around 5:30 and everything was lukewarm at best. After seeing that Jack Trice got dinged with a health code violation for the hot dogs not being stored at a high enough temp, it made me a bit queasy.
You got hot dogs as appetizers?

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Agreed. I was in line probably around 5:15, and a lot of the food was barely warm. The chicken wings and the cheese balls were the ones that I especially remember being basically cold.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
A little unfortunate, someone at our table won a raffle prize, but we couldn’t hear the numbers very clear because where we sat had horrible acoustics. Later that night, a guy was walking around to the tables saying there were 2 unclaimed prizes. We went up and checked, and sure enough had a winner but they had already redrawn and given to someone else.

Worse things have happened, but we felt a little screwed.
Positive is you won’t need to wait for a 1099 next year.
Negative is you won what I thought was the best prize of the raffle.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015

So I am going to blame feeling HORRIBLE today on the food and not the many rounds of Busch Light :)

The cheeseballs were extra gross last night!

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

I think it was Gadson that sat at the table next to us for like 6 rounds in a row. There was just an extra chair for the celeb that was supposed to be there that round too.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
You a
Raises hand!

(celeb is used pretty loosely here, lol)
You helped my table answer more questions a few years ago than Ed did this year if that helps your bragging rights. Although, my wife didn’t shout your name like she did when Ed sat down, so there’s that…

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: FDWxMan and NWICY