Dalvin Cook = Whiny Baby

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Breece is kicking his ass so he wants to take his ball and go.

So you would be happy if a star athlete wasn't frustrated.

He didn't say he deserves more playing time, or that he's better that Breece or that the coaches are making the wrong choices.

If he wasn't frustrated about it, I wouldn't want him on my team at all.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So you would be happy if a star athlete wasn't frustrated.

He didn't say he deserves more playing time, or that he's better that Breece or that the coaches are making the wrong choices.

If he wasn't frustrated about it, I wouldn't want him on my team at all.
Being frustrated is fine. Saying it to the media is being a bad teammate. And he 100% is asking for more playing time. He said he needs more carries. What do you think that means?

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
In my opinion Bashing your teammates or coaches is being a bad teammate. Saying you are frustrated that you aren't playing well enough to get more playing time is fine.

I know nothing other than what I have read, so maybe behind closed doors he is a bad teammate, but the stuff I have read hasn't led me to that conclusion.

Not everyone can be as humble as Carlos Correa saying "have you seen how bad I'm playing? I would be booing me too."

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I was surprised Breece seems to be almost completely back to normal instantly after the surgery...in some early games it looked like they had him on a pitch count or he'd have even more yards.

Cook probably thought he was at least going to get some time to establish himself as "the guy" and then Breece just did his regular big chunk play thing every game right away.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I was surprised Breece seems to be almost completely back to normal instantly after the surgery...in some early games it looked like they had him on a pitch count or he'd have even more yards.

Cook probably thought he was at least going to get some time to establish himself as "the guy" and then Breece just did his regular big chunk play thing every game right away.
Yeah, Breece recoverd fast

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Even with his touches this year Cook has looked like garbage. Someone will probably take a chance on him and send away a 6th rounder for him. But I feel his career as starter is starting to diminish quick.
Yup. He's Exhibit A as to the shelf life on NFL RBs. He looked really good as recently as a couple years ago, but looks very average now.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
This is a thing because an Iowa state player is above him. This happens all the time and no one says anything. Get over it, cook is washed and serves no threat to breece.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This is a thing because an Iowa state player is above him. This happens all the time and no one says anything. Get over it, cook is washed and serves no threat to breece.
Yes, I brought it up because an ISU player is involved. This is an ISU message board, isn't it? Do other players complain to the media, sure. I didn't like it when Davante Adam's was ******** about targets after a win last week either.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
There are so many NFL teams that could use a Dalvin Cook on the roster, and give him the lion’s share of the carries. But yeah, I’m guessing the Jets’ offer was better than anyone else’s.
also he thought he was going to be playing with aaron rodgers and probably had a good shot at the playoffs.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
There are so many NFL teams that could use a Dalvin Cook on the roster, and give him the lion’s share of the carries. But yeah, I’m guessing the Jets’ offer was better than anyone else’s.
Are there a lot of teams that could use him? He has not been good this year at all. I think he's being vocal because he wants a trade, but I wonder if there will be much interest.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Look at it this way: your company hired you for a one year contract. You have that year to prove to the company and all other companies that your talents and skills are worthy of a large, multiyear contract starting next year. But your company doesn't put you in very many situations to showcase your talents/skills... in fact, it rarely occurs. You know your value has dropped significantly for next year and will be out a lot of money.

Would you just sit back and basically say "Oh Well" or try to be proactive to try to change companies this year to a company that is willing to showcase your talents/skills?

Reactions: khardbored

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Look at it this way: your company hired you for a one year contract. You have that year to prove to the company and all other companies that your talents and skills are worthy of a large, multiyear contract starting next year. But your company doesn't put you in very many situations to showcase your talents/skills... in fact, it rarely occurs. You know your value has dropped significantly for next year and will be out a lot of money.

Would you just sit back and basically say "Oh Well" or try to be proactive to try to change companies this year to a company that is willing to showcase your talents/skills?
He looks terrible.

• Agree
Reactions: 4theCYcle and Cyhig

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Are there a lot of teams that could use him? He has not been good this year at all. I think he's being vocal because he wants a trade, but I wonder if there will be much interest.

Given his status/value at the end of last season, yes, there were a lot of teams that wanted him. I guess now, yes, he hasn’t shown a lot of value this season, so his options are more limited. I guess I meant he could have picked a place he might have played more at when he was a free agent, not necessarily that there’s a lot of teams that want him now.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
He looks terrible.
Oh, I agree. But from his perspective, he feels he can still perform at a high level. My point being the "whining" from Cook was bound to happen. And it's normal given the circumstances