Damion Lee

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If we don't land Diallo, we get this guy.

I've said all season I want someone new to start as the 2 next year.

Most people disagree. However, this guy averages twice as many steals and 2.5 times more boards a game than Long.

It isn't a knock on Naz. This guy is just plain better defensively and offensively, and allows Naz to do what I believe he does best, which is come off the bench, light a spark, and hit some threes. When things AREN'T going great, Naz is the one player I would want in all of the Big 12 to come off the bench due to his leadership and spark he can provide. It's hard to provide that spark when you start and the team goes cold.

Plus, we'd gain his scholarship for the 2016 class we're loading up on.

Yet Naz brings some leadership and 3 years of knowing Fred's system.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Yet Naz brings some leadership and 3 years of knowing Fred's system.

1. I mentioned the leadership. Yes, leadership is great. We had 0 leadership off the bench. He'd be our James Harden for the Thunder player.

2. I don't think years under Fred means much. For starters, I'm pretty sure Fred's system includes boxing out, which Long failed to do multiple times throughout the season, and I'm pretty sure Kane figured out Freds system in 2 months.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
If we don't land Diallo, we get this guy.

I've said all season I want someone new to start as the 2 next year.

Most people disagree. However, this guy averages twice as many steals and 2.5 times more boards a game than Long.

It isn't a knock on Naz. This guy is just plain better defensively and offensively, and allows Naz to do what I believe he does best, which is come off the bench, light a spark, and hit some threes. When things AREN'T going great, Naz is the one player I would want in all of the Big 12 to come off the bench due to his leadership and spark he can provide. It's hard to provide that spark when you start and the team goes cold.

Plus, we'd gain his scholarship for the 2016 class we're loading up on.
Is he proclaimed as a 2 guard? 6'6 200 lbs sounds like a 3 to me. I think you'd see Monte, Naz, Lee, Niang, McKay if Lee came and Diallo did not.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Gotta go after this guy. Too good not to.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Big men constantly helping on 'D' isn't generally a sound strategy. It gets them out of position for rebounds.

Ugh, please don't mention getting out-rebounded. Just the mention of it brings the worst sort of flashbacks.

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
No, no, no, no

If this guy is so good then why couldn't Drexel be more than 11-19 with him?

Whose minutes does he take, even assuming Diallo doesn't come here?

We don't need someone looking for shots, we need someone to play defense and rebound.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
No, no, no, no

We don't need someone looking for shots, we need someone to play defense and rebound.

I don't think you and Hoiberg are looking for the same types of players.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
No, no, no, no

So what you're saying is that a basketball team doesn't need a player that can score points and grab rebounds.

That's different.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
No, no, no, no

I know right!?!?!? If Michael Jordan was SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOODDDDDD then why couldn't he win a title with the Wizards?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
No, no, no, no

This isn't football. You don't recruit defense. You teach/coach defense.

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
I don't think you and Hoiberg are looking for the same types of players.

?

But I'd love to hear where people think he plays and whose minutes he takes. It's not going to be Monte's or anyone in the frontcourts. You really think Naz, Thomas, Burton & Cooke are going to be thrilled to make room for a guy they don't know to come in and play 25 minutes a game?

This ain't a video game where you just plug in stats. Chemistry matters.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This might be the dumbest think ever written on CF.

No, it's not. You recruit good athletes that are tough. Those same two qualities should allow you to be a good defender and a good rebounder.

After that, the focus, attention and strategy of the coach(es) comes into play.

CycloneJoe6

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2012
Iowa
Per istatenation: Lee has committed and will be riding his flying unicorn to campus as soon as possible.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Good news! Ya'll won't have to worry about who gets what minutes!

If he doesn't go to Maryland, I'll run 5 laps around Leath's house, naked. jk... I won't really do that But he'll be a Terp.

Help Support Us

Become a patron