NSCR: Daytona 500 today

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
That idiot Bowyer. Jimmy Johnson might get a top 10 after that freak accident going into pit.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The clips from that 79(?) race was crazy that was some serious bumping going on in that one.

• Agree
Reactions: ianoconnor

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
As much as I love racing these Nascar races are not interesting to me.

If you want to see some good racing hit me up this summer and I'll take you to some races.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
As much as I love racing these Nascar races are not interesting to me.

If you want to see some good racing hit me up this summer and I'll take you to some races.

Haven't been to a local stock car race for a long time are they expensive to go to? Last race tickets I bought was for sprint cars down in Knoxville for my parents, dad said he always wanted to go so I sent him.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Haven't been to a local stock car race for a long time are they expensive to go to? Last race tickets I bought was for sprint cars down in Knoxville for my parents, dad said he always wanted to go so I sent him.

No not expensive at all. For a regular weekly show at say Marshalltown $12 for adults, 10 and under free.

Sample from Marshalltown:

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
Marshalltown consistently has some of the best dirt track racing I have found anywhere. They run an efficient Friday night show there and typically finish by 10:00 PM.

I try to visit five to seven different tracks each season; which might give you an idea of where my perspective comes from.

Looking forward to the new season starting- especially after this winter.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY and isufbcurt

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
I use to be a big NASCAR fan but it did get really boring. Haven’t watched much since Tony Stewart retired. I’m all about dirt tracks and NHRA now. Late models and modifieds are awesome but outlaw sprint cars, top fuel and funny cars are the most amazing machines on the planet.

• Creative
Reactions: CTTB78

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
This is parochial....but I like the wrecks. good tv.

Years ago, the company I worked for sponsored a car and the marketing guy wanted to paint the logo on the bottom of the car. His pitch to our owner was "Do you know how many times they replay the crashes with the bottom of the car flying across the
screen?"
The owner didn't buy it. Rusty Wallace was the driver at the time.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Years ago, the company I worked for sponsored a car and the marketing guy wanted to paint the logo on the bottom of the car. His pitch to our owner was "Do you know how many times they replay the crashes with the bottom of the car flying across the
screen?"
The owner didn't buy it. Rusty Wallace was the driver at the time.
you get free beer?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron