DC Extended Universe

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I guess everyone has a different opinion, but I thought these movies were far far worse.
X-Men Orgins
X-Men Last Stand
Fantastic Four (Debateable)
Fantastic Four Rise of Silver Surfer
Fantastic Four Reboot
Green Lantern
Superman Returns
Spiderman 3
Spiderman 2 (Reboot)

I'd probably agree with most of that list. I'd probably take off X-Men: Last Stand off my equivalent list. Seeing Spider-Man 3 on that list reminds me of how much I hated that movie when I saw it in theaters. I was so angry after that movie to the point that I hated the Venom character from there on out, which is completely unfair, because the Venom character itself isn't that bad, just that movie was bad. That movie is actually probably the only one on this list too that equaled the level of disappointment I felt after walking out of Batman vs Superman. While there are worse movies, I didn't expect and want as much out of most the others.

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Apparently DC has already started the work on a Harley Quinn stand-alone movie. That news along with The Flash movie losing its director and James Wan apparently on the fence with Aquaman makes me wonder if WB is going to drop JLA and return the focus to Batman.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Apparently DC has already started the work on a Harley Quinn stand-alone movie. That news along with The Flash movie losing its director and James Wan apparently on the fence with Aquaman makes me wonder if WB is going to drop JLA and return the focus to Batman.

JLA is definitely still on beings how they just started filming it already. The question more was whether they would pull Snyder from it, but the answer ended up being no, mainly because it was too late in the process for them to pull him if they wanted. However, I do know that WB is going to be much more involved with decisions for JLA, and this recent move in management only affirms that. No doubt Snyder will be on a shorter leash this time around.

As for reports that Wan has been on the fence with Aquaman, it seems those have been proven false, but you still never know. All said and done, where the DCEU stands is that everything up until the JLA is definitely still on beings how all those have already been started. Everything past that has remained relatively steady on the schedule to some extent, but if the bombs keep coming, all of those could be up for change.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I recognize this isn't part of the DCEU, but when I started this thread, I said it was okay to talk about the DC TV side of things from time to time too. Anyway, if you didn't see already, Supergirl did get renewed for another season, but her series will be migrating to the CW with all the other DC shows rather than staying on CBS. Personally, I'm also a big Arrowverse (DC TV shared universe) fan, but I don't watch stuff live. Therefore, I haven't even seen Supergirl Season 1, Legends of Tomorrow Season 1, Flash Season 2, or Arrow Season 4 yet. I'm fully up to date on everything else though, even with Constantine Season 1 and the Vixen animated series. With that said, has anyone been watching any of these current series and have some thoughts?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/super...-schedule-supergirl-sticks-to-mondays-a141844

The article also promised a "mega" crossover coming next season for all of these, which I'm assuming brings ALL of them together for an episode or two. Could be fun.

Last edited:

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I recognize this isn't part of the DCEU, but when I started this thread, I said it was okay to talk about the DC TV side of things from time to time too. Anyway, if you didn't see already, Supergirl did get renewed for another season, but her series will be migrating to the CW with all the other DC shows rather than staying on CBS. Personally, I'm also a big Arrowverse (DC TV shared universe) fan, but I don't watch stuff live. Therefore, I haven't even seen Supergirl Season 1, Legends of Tomorrow Season 1, Flash Season 2, or Arrow Season 4 yet. I'm fully up to date on everything else though, even with Constantine Season 1 and the Vixen animated series. With that said, has anyone been watching any of these current series and have some thoughts?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/super...-schedule-supergirl-sticks-to-mondays-a141844

The article also promised a "mega" crossover coming next season for all of these, which I'm assuming brings ALL of them together for an episode or two. Could be fun.

I watched half of Arrow season 4. It has basically become the Felicity show. Which is sad since it was the show that started this all off.

I watched the Supergirl/Flash crossover and it was pretty fun. I think Supergirl will get a lot better once it's on the CW. Flash Season 2 has been incredible. I'm behind in LoT.

I saw another person tweet out from the CW upfronts that the crossover would be a 4 night, 1 week event. With each show having a share. Supergirl on Monday, Flash on Tuesday, Arrow on Wednesday, and LoT on Thursday. So a mini-Justice League movie on TV.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I watched half of Arrow season 4. It has basically become the Felicity show. Which is sad since it was the show that started this all off.

I watched the Supergirl/Flash crossover and it was pretty fun. I think Supergirl will get a lot better once it's on the CW. Flash Season 2 has been incredible. I'm behind in LoT.

I saw another person tweet out from the CW upfronts that the crossover would be a 4 night, 1 week event. With each show having a share. Supergirl on Monday, Flash on Tuesday, Arrow on Wednesday, and LoT on Thursday. So a mini-Justice League movie on TV.

Thanks for your input. Can't say I've heard much too good about Arrow Season 4 so far, which like you said, is just sad to hear. I'm not surprised though as Season 3 was definitely a step back from the previous 2 seasons and that show just has too many characters/actors that I just really can't stand them in their roles. I love Oliver Queen, Diggle, Sara Lance, Quentin Lance, Slade Wilson, Malcolm Merlyn and even Felicity. However, I loved Felicity more in her small supporting role and the more she has gotten, the less I've liked her. On the flip side, I can't stand Roy Harper. The dude is a terrible actor. Laurel Lance.... same thing. Didn't mind her so bad in Season 1, but I can't take her or Roy Harper seriously as Superheros. As for Speedy/Thea Queen, she was fine as Oliver's sister, but again, it is hard to take this 100 pound girl seriously as a vigilante/superhero. Not everyone in the show has to turn into a hero. Again, love the Arrow TV series and it was the first show that drew us all into this universe, so its got its special place to me, and I'll watch it until the end. However, it really has gone downhill, especially with certain characters.

As for Flash Season 2. It is great to hear you loved it. First half of Season 1, I actually still preferred Arrow over The Flash, but in the back half of the season, Flash truly won me over. Season 1 was awesome.

As of right now, I know nothing about Supergirl. Truthfully, it doesn't exactly look like my cup of tea, but I'm willing to give it a shot once it hits the streaming world.

Lastly, I am personally excited for LOT. I've heard somewhat mixed reviews, but I like the ensemble team aspect of it, kind of like the Justice League. I also really like the Atom character in Flash/Arrow, so I'm looking forward to him having a more major role in LOT.

Last edited:

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Haven't watched Arrow Season 4. But I really like the Flash. LOT is ok. Has some cool parts and good moments but also has a bit too much cheese and some bad acting by certain characters

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Also agree with making everyone a hero in Arrow. There's too many

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
As of right now, I know nothing about Supergirl. Truthfully, it doesn't exactly look like my cup of tea, but I'm willing to give it a shot once it hits the streaming world. .

What I've heard, is that CBS gave showrunners and writers several things they wanted to hit on. Did you ever see that SNL skit about a Black Widow movie and it was her trying to figure out what to wear, going on dates, etc? From what I've heard in some of my TV podcasts, CBS sent the word down that they wanted a lot of that type of stuff in Supergirl. That they didn't really want any comicbook stotylines adapted. The whole show should be very standalone episodes.

And from that I could tell, the show really suffered because of that. It will be very interesting to see how that changes once it moves to CW where it appears, judging by Flash and LOT, they don't care if you want to tackle any story that is steeped in comic book tropes and lore.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
To go along with my previous post, the following article does an even better job of highlighting everything that was learned yesterday when the press got to go on set to the new Justice League movie:

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-set-visit-details/

Thoughts? WB allowing something like this so early in the game is obviously a damage control PR move after the debacle that is Batman vs Superman. To me, the overall message is "Hey, we understand that Batman vs Superman sucked, but look, we hear you and are trying to right what was wronged moving forward." Not a terrible move in my mind and the response from the press seems positive.

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Official Plot description taken from that article:
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
Directed by Zack Snyder, this marks the big screen debut of the Justice League, featuring an all-star lineup: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller and Ray Fisher.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I know this relates to the DC TV Universe (Arrowvers) and not the movie universe, but Netflix just struck a new 5-year $1 billion deal last week with the CW to keep showing CW shows (doesn't list exactly which ones) and at an even accelerated time frame of posting shows only two-weeks after seasons end. This quick of a time frame is unprecedented. In the meantime, they dropped their streaming deal with Hulu:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/netflix-cw-output-deal-the-flash-hulu-1201799176/

This deal is essentially the opposite direction from what they had been indicating over the past year. In fact, executives there were talking about drastically extending out the time window of streaming services getting their shows (1+ years) or even dropping their shows completely from outside streaming services in order to incentivize people to watch the shows live. They talked that the only streaming option would then be through their own app and only to subscribers.

Regardless, this new deal is a big win for consumers, a big win for Netflix, and a big loss for any other streaming services. While I like to criticize Netflix for raising prices while decreasing content, I'll give them props lately as they are apparently using that money to make some major deals to improve their service. Combine this deal with their new exclusive deal with Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilms and all the competitors have got to be scrambling right now. Those are two of the biggest fish out there.

Last edited:

superman_101680

Oct 30, 2006
SW Michigan
Official Plot description taken from that article:

I'm predicting the following: Superman comes back to life brainwashed and evil (BS #1) and will be a main bad guy for the first half of the movie. While brainwashed, he will defeat the Justice League, even tho he couldn't take out batman on his own (BS #2) until he comes to his senses (Wonder Woman's Lasso) for the last half of the movie, joins the Justice League and saves the day from the threat of Darkseid thus completing his ****** like resurrection while simultaneously being anointed Earth's #1 savior. Roll credits.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I just finished watching Young Justice on Netflix and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. The "Invasion" story-line in season 2 was a really cool take on why the Justice League was off-world and how the "side-kicks" had to adapt to fill in to protect the planet. I never thought it would have been possible to make a villain like "Sportsmaster" entertaining, but it worked really well in this show.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I'm predicting the following: Superman comes back to life brainwashed and evil (BS #1) and will be a main bad guy for the first half of the movie. While brainwashed, he will defeat the Justice League, even tho he couldn't take out batman on his own (BS #2) until he comes to his senses (Wonder Woman's Lasso) for the last half of the movie, joins the Justice League and saves the day from the threat of Darkseid thus completing his ****** like resurrection while simultaneously being anointed Earth's #1 savior. Roll credits.

Part of me wants to say the same thing. However, based on the flack they've been getting about how brooding, serious and dark Superman has been in the past couple movies, and then lately promising audiences we will now see the beacon of hope Superman everyone has wanted, I just don't see them doing that crap to the audience again through your story line you are saying. I especially say that beings how this whole recent bring in the media thing, is all because they essentially want to show audiences and critics that "hey, we know you didn't like BvS, we hear you, we know we screwed up, we're sorry, now look at what we are doing now with Justice League to rectify things".