Dear fans who started following the team 4 years ago

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I'm not exactly happy about how the season has progressed but you only started following the team when they were starting to improve. Your opinion matters if you stay Iowa State fans after this stinker of a season. Most of you probably won't buy tickets anyway next season because you were sooooo disappointed in this season.

Signed,

Anyone who has actually followed Iowa State since at least the McCarney era.

Reactions: CyBobby and cyanide

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
While I'm in your boat, this thread has potential...
smiley-face-popcorn.gif

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I suffered through Criner/Walden/McCarney so I'm a better fan than you... :rolleyes:

I have suffered through them all starting with Clay Stapleton in 1966. But I'm not a better fan than anyone on this board. I've just got more scar tissue.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Wait, we remember it and are repeating it. WTF

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Only if you have suffered through 40 years of **** football and bad coaching are you qualified to label something bad football and **** coaching.

MarkCorrigan

Sep 16, 2013
Unless you have seen Pop Warner in the flesh, your opinion means nothing. All of you bandwagon fans that started watching during the Clyde Williams years need to get off my lawn.

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I'll be buying tickets next year because I like ISU and I think they should be better than this year.

but can you blame people for not wanting to buy tickets after this season especially when they can watch it from the comfort of their couch? Some people would rather spend their money to see the basketball team win than watch the football team lose. Just my opinion.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I just logged on and up'd my donation to the program last night. So, unless you're willing to do that, in the face of this adversity OP, you are less of a fan than I am. See how that works? Calling people out is childish; all fans are welcome. We all hope things turn around for the better, and they will. Sometimes anger is misdirected.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Wait, we remember it and are repeating it. WTF

^^^This. I assume this post is a passive aggressive jab at me for the Worst Team Ever? thread. I'm just saying, this team is very bad. If no changes are made we could be headed in the same direction as many disappointing eras in our history.

Last edited:

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Man, I just became a fan this year. This is all I know. Poor me.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I have suffered through them all starting with Clay Stapleton in 1966. But I'm not a better fan than anyone on this board. I've just got more scar tissue.

I have suffered since 1962 also with Clay Stapleton...Lots and Lots of Scar Tissue as you say.

Go Cyclones Dump the Mildcats!

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Dear poster,

When you reach the point you can judge the feelings, decisions, elation, or frustrations of any other fan, then apply for the 3rd level of heaven. If not, please quit judging the decisions of others.

Beyond that anyone may have "whatever level of fan commitment they choose". It can be based on alumni, donation, friendship, entertainment, etc.

Short answer this program is entering a time of uncertainty and their will likely be polar extremes from fire them all to those who can create a new sun with their posts of all is good.

It is a process driven by where we go from this point, but the worst part of the process is the side effect of fans beating up on other fans who may not be where they are at.

A good motto (imho) is agree all are fans at various levels, but respect we may disagree and many have differing reasons for opinions and decisions.

I say this as a fan who has made minor support for the program.