Dear Jamie Pollard

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
This is obviously a Jerome Tang account still somehow blaming ISU for their bad basketball. According to wildcat willis Jamie personally picked Virginia to keep ksu out of the tourney.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
His ability to apply charm to the other members prior to leaving the room is the question at hand.
Yeah, I have sat on some committees, after the "salesman" is gone, usually comments center around lets get beyond the BS and discuss the facts as we know them; we have limited amount of time! And if the "salesman" tries to oversell, it is absolutely detrimental to his case as he has wasted our collective time!

• Agree
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You do realize he has to leave the room when they are discussing Iowa State, right? There is no "standing up" for your own team.
Honestly, the only thing I'd like to know from JP is how much the NCSOS component was actually talked about with other teams than Iowa State, and if it was, how much he pushed back on that metric. If it wasn't used much for other teams then clearly it was just an excuse to knock us down, and if it was that would have been an opportunity to discredit that metric.

Because its really a garbage metric the committee shouldn't be giving much weight. At most it should be something used as a 'hey, their overall SOS sucked, but their metrics are otherwise good and they did try to schedule tough during their noncon so we shouldnt dismiss them based on their overall SOS being bad' kind of thing.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
In case you were wondering which university’s ADs were on the committee, full list below.

Would’ve been a shame to upset the Butler AD. Or the Sunbelt commissioner.

The Alabama AD owed us one (OSU football game when they were undefeated), but I guess no one came to cash that check.

IMG_1414.jpeg

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
In case you were wondering which university’s ADs were on the committee, full list below.

Would’ve been a shame to upset the Butler AD. Or the Sunbelt commissioner.

The Alabama AD owed us one (OSU football game when they were undefeated), but I guess no one came to cash that check.

View attachment 125945
It'll be ok

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
2011 football game for leverage, Got to be an Iowa troll :rolleyes:

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
2011 football game for leverage, Got to be an Iowa troll :rolleyes:
Seriously? That’s the first thing I would’ve mentioned.

”Hey Greg, remember that national championship you guys won because ISU beat OSU? I’m glad we could help. K bye.“
-Jamie

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

”Hey Greg, remember that national championship you guys won because ISU beat OSU? I’m glad we could help. K bye.“
-Jamie

You're going to mention something that happened 2 ADs ago while Byrne was at Arizona?

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017

-Jamie
Maybe he did, so they considered him a **** and decided to relegate us to the overall 8 seed.