General Defect Title
Cybookie Points vs. Cash
Defect Category
Other
Browers Tested
  • Google Chrome (desktop)
  • Mozilla Firefox
Detailed Description
I placed a cybookie bet on the Tulsa game which came out of my points/level and "won" 40,000 points. I see now we have "CF Cash" but my points and level are now permanently lower.

When I click on the Cybookie event, my username doesn't get shown as having bet the 40,000 on ISU to win, but when I go to my bets view, it shows I "won" 40,000

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
So will we be getting the "Points" back that were bet on the Tulsa game, or have they been permanently sacrificed?

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
So will we be getting the "Points" back that were bet on the Tulsa game, or have they been permanently sacrificed?

I believe that the points are being recalculated. So you will get back the points, but it takes the system time to calculate everything. And it is done by join date, so the newer your account the longer you have to wait.

Reactions: geburgess

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
So, I just realized that I got my points and level back sometime between yesterday and right now.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
I believe that the points are being recalculated. So you will get back the points, but it takes the system time to calculate everything. And it is done by join date, so the newer your account the longer you have to wait.
Thank you for the info, hadn't seen that anywhere yet.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Since the change to cycash happened after people started betting again, there was a bit of an issue. The calculations to create and now recreate the points for each person are quite intense since they take into consideration everything you have done since the site started. Due to that level of system intense processing, chunks of users are systematically processed each night in batches rather than all at once and compromising site performance. Please be patient and you will see your values restored naturally.