Denae Fritz transfers in-conference to Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I remember when they left one of the reasons was they didn't like the offense and wanted a more open style. Bill literally tells them to shoot before they turn it over and they can jack up 3s at any time from anywhere. That reasoning doesn't make sense. I also heard that not everyone on the team was happy to see Ashley come back last year.

I believe that "style of play" is the most diplomatic answer you can give when asked about why you transferred. I'm guessing it very rarely comes down to "style of play". It's just the easiest out when questioned.

Acer88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2022
South Dakota
That wasn’t the reason.
A relative told me DF missed her friends and wanted to be closer to home. She promptly transferred somewhere farther from home.

IMO, they both simply assumed the grass was greener. Maybe it will be. Maybe it won't. I don't really care anymore.
that wasn’t the reason

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
I heard last year was particularly bad from a player relationship standpoint. You also have to consider you have girls who were there 2-4 years transferring out. To me, that lends to a breaking point of sorts.

You just can't treat players the way you could 10 years ago. They have the power with the transfer rules now.
Do you get any exercise other than jumping to conclusions?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If problems get bad enough we will find out more. The talent that we are used to won’t come so things will change. I hope things get straightened out very soon.

I'd say from watching this freshman class plenty of talent came in. Main problem is Ryan out as point guard.

• Agree
Reactions: peatyscotch

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I also heard that not everyone on the team was happy to see Ashley come back last year.
You mean people don’t wanna play with a teammate that forces up 17 shots a game and doesn’t pass? That’s wild.

For the record, nothing personal against Ashley. I just truly couldn’t stand watching ISU women play with the style of offense the last few years. Haven’t been able to watch yet this year but assume it’s back to resembling a real offense

Reactions: Acer88

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
You mean people don’t wanna play with a teammate that forces up 17 shots a game and doesn’t pass? That’s wild.

For the record, nothing personal against Ashley. I just truly couldn’t stand watching ISU women play with the style of offense the last few years. Haven’t been able to watch yet this year but assume it’s back to resembling a real offense
I guess I am surprised about that. I thought Ashley went pro. Would think there would be all kinds of opportunities if that was the case.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I guess I am surprised about that. I thought Ashley went pro. Would think there would be all kinds of opportunities if that was the case.
Yes but they may have just been fed up at that point. I know I would be

Reactions: Acer88

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
I'd say from watching this freshman class plenty of talent came in. Main problem is Ryan out as point guard.
Ok that is going to hurt our team this year. If the things she said are the reasons she left, I am fine with that. Are there others reasons ? Is our coach, or coaches the problem? Are there problems with the players on our team? We can’t keep loosing our players if there are issues that need fixing.

• Dumb
Reactions: peatyscotch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron