Do not drink list

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
With the merger a while back between AB InBev and SAB Miller it get's tricky to decipher what beers we should or should not boycott at this point.

https://www.wideopeneats.com/5-companies-almost-every-beer-world/

I enjoy my High Life but it's hard to tell if they are part of AB InBev/SAB Miller or Molsons/Coors. I believe it's Molsons/Coors. I push we make that the official beer of ISU.

beer-brands-full-size.jpg

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Wait, we have to boycott all of those? Guess it’s time fire up my moonshine still.

Honestly, going on a boycott of AB for doing what just about every company would do from a PR standpoint isn't much more rational than going after someone for posts they made as a kid.

A lot of people looking ridiculous on both sides of this story today.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Honestly, going on a boycott of AB for doing what just about every company would do from a PR standpoint isn't much more rational than going after someone for posts they made as a kid.

I guess we'll see what venmo does or doesn't do and compare notes.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale

The outrage at AB is needed. The lack of pushback normally is why they do this crap. We need to make the hurt for cutting ties worse than the hurt had they stood behind him.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
The big thing is the Busch light. I realize AB is the maker. However, just by drinking something other than Busch and allowing them free advertisement by sending the Busch light guy and doing all the "Iowa people love us" stuff that we used to like. If we just quit drinking that beer. It will send a message. I switched to coors light last night. It's not bad.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
The big thing is the Busch light. I realize AB is the maker. However, just by drinking something other than Busch and allowing them free advertisement by sending the Busch light guy and doing all the "Iowa people love us" stuff that we used to like. If we just quit drinking that beer. It will send a message. I switched to coors light last night. It's not bad.
Of those beers that are comparable, I like Coors Light the best because the mountains turn blue.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
You know what would be awesome and make a big statement? If someone more ambitious and clever than me organized a Busch Light dumping program (or similar).

I"m thinking in a pubic place, very accessible, where people arrive and drop off their full cans of Busch Light. I could see them either dumping and draining them or just leaving them in a huge pile.

Be crazy if you could also get a competing beer distributor there that would provide an exchange program.

Just spit balling ideas....but if you could get the media coverage (which I'm sure you could), it would make a huge statement IMO. "From Beloved, to Hated".