Do not drink list

CCCClone

Jun 29, 2018
You know what would be awesome and make a big statement? If someone more ambitious and clever than me organized a Busch Light dumping program (or similar).

I"m thinking in a pubic place, very accessible, where people arrive and drop off their full cans of Busch Light. I could see them either dumping and draining them or just leaving them in a huge pile.

Be crazy if you could also get a competing beer distributor there that would provide an exchange program.

Just spit balling ideas....but if you could get the media coverage (which I'm sure you could), it would make a huge statement IMO. "From Beloved, to Hated".

I'll volunteer to take any Busch light anyone wants to get rid of and I'll make sure it's disposed of properly.

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
Great choices. I am a Grain Belt fan as well.

Beers by Schell's brewing, well capable of replacing Busch Light:
Year-round Brews[edit]
  • Original (aka Deer Brand), ABV 4.8%, Straw colored classic American lager. Mild malt flavor and hop bitterness.
  • Original Light, ABV 4%, Light straw color. Mild maltiness complemented by mild hop bitterness and slight hop aroma. Light, crisp body.
  • Firebrick, ABV 5%, A Vienna-style amber lager that has a reddish-amber hue, a mild maltiness with subtle sweetness and a light hoppy finish.
  • Keller Pils, ABV 5.5%, A golden and balanced unfiltered pilsner with notes of stone fruits, citrus & berries
  • Dark, ABV 4.8%, Deep amber color with a light but classic maltiness.
  • Fort Road Helles, ABV 5.1%, A Helles style lager with a light golden hue.
  • IPA, ABV 5.8%, An india pale ale that is hop-forward and bursting with tropical fruity aromas. This brew pours a light golden color and has a low hop bitterness.
  • Grain Belt Premium, ABV 4.6% Light to medium straw color. Light malt flavor and detectable sweetness. Unique Premium hop aroma and flavor with a low hop bitterness.
  • Grain Belt Premium Light, ABV 3.9% Light straw color with a slight initial malt flavor. Clean, crisp and lightly hopped.
  • Grain Belt Nordeast, ABV 4.7% Light maltiness and hop aroma with a mild bitterness. Smooth taste with excellent drinkability.
  • Grain Belt Southwest Cerveza, ABV 4.5% A Mexican style lager that is a crisp, copper lager, both dry and refreshing. This easy-drinking lager puts a twist on the friendly beer with its subtle lime flavor.
Extended Seasonal Brews[edit]
These beers are available longer than Schell's other seasonal beers. They are available for roughly six months.

• Goosetown, ABV 4.7%, Schell's interpretation of a German-style gose spiced with coriander and salt.
  • Schell Shocked, ABV 4.6%, This German-style Radler beer is Subtly sweet with a grapefruit twist.
  • Sangria, ABV 4.7%, a sweet red citrus lager full of fruity flavor.
Seasonal Brews[edit]
Seasonal beers include:

• Bock, ABV 5.8%, Brewed with a harmonious blend of 10 different types of malt and noble hops, Schell's Bock is fermented slowly, and then lagered for an extended period of time to ensure a smooth finish. This dark amber colored beer sports a robust malt character.
  • Hefeweizen, ABV 4.4%, First brewed in 1984, Schell's Hefeweizen is made with a blend of wheat malt and barley malts. We use an authentic wheat beer yeast culture, which gives the beer a fruity ale character dominated by a citrus-like tartness. Refreshingly light character with a higher than normal carbonation level. Straw-colored and cloudy from the unfiltered yeast left in suspension. Notes of banana and clove with a slight bready malt flavor.
  • Grain Belt BLU, ABV 4.6%, A refreshing twist on a classic; Grain Belt Premium is brewed with a generous portion of blueberries to create a light, balanced, and sweet beer.
  • Oktoberfest, ABV 5.5%, With its bright copper-orange color, it is quite symbolic of the autumnal shift of the season. A slightly higher strength, and warm malt body make it the perfect companion for the crisp fall weather in Minnesota. The use of Munich and Vienna malts give the beer its toasty malt backbone, and melanoidin-rich flavor and aroma. It has a soft malt sweetness, pleasant mouthfeel and a slight spiciness. Hop character is subdued, as the malt takes center stage with this beer.
  • Snowstorm, ABV NA, Flavor changes yearly, see below for a list of past flavors.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Beers by Schell's brewing, well capable of replacing Busch Light:

• Oktoberfest, ABV 5.5%, With its bright copper-orange color, it is quite symbolic of the autumnal shift of the season. A slightly higher strength, and warm malt body make it the perfect companion for the crisp fall weather in Minnesota. The use of Munich and Vienna malts give the beer its toasty malt backbone, and melanoidin-rich flavor and aroma. It has a soft malt sweetness, pleasant mouthfeel and a slight spiciness. Hop character is subdued, as the malt takes center stage with this beer.
  • Snowstorm, ABV NA, Flavor changes yearly, see below for a list of past flavors.

They make a very good Oktoberfest.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron