Downtown Royals Stadium

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Las Vegas will steal the A's,
Kansas City voters won't fund a stadium,
Oakland will get antsy and will put up money,

How Oakland steals two straight MLB franchises from Kansas City.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
South of the Sprint Center.

Really, they’re going to tear down all those buildings there? Also, is the Kansas City start in that building, or did they move?

Also, if they are going to build an entertainment area, that’s going to be a lot of eminent domain going on there.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Really, they’re going to tear down all those buildings there? Also, is the Kansas City start in that building, or did they move?

Also, if they are going to build an entertainment area, that’s going to be a lot of eminent domain going on there.
Isn’t this just a few blocks from the Power & Light District entertainment area?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Isn’t this just a few blocks from the Power & Light District entertainment area?

Yeah, just across the highway that cuts through. Just seems a little weird that the new owner talked about an entertainment district. Probably some new middle rise apartments would be good in that area, but I can’t see much more entertainment. Unless things have really taken off since I lived there in 2019.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown

It was just one of the 2 or 3 possible sites. The article said the area just east of the old KC Star building. The new Star is just north of there. They have to be talking about the area on the east side of Oak St. Yes they will demolish a bunch of buildings.

• Informative
Reactions: SCNCY

BillyClone

Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA
If they are going to build a new stadium (which just kills me btw) they really should do it on the site of the old Manual High school. Really close to the Negro League Museum and the KC Royals Youth Academy. Would create a fantastic district linking the past to the present to the future.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If they are going to build a new stadium (which just kills me btw) they really should do it on the site of the old Manual High school. Really close to the Negro League Museum and the KC Royals Youth Academy. Would create a fantastic district linking the past to the present to the future.

Seeing what KC has done and become in the 2000’s is amazing. Makes C-Bus (a similarly sized metro) look like a ********.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I would like to watch a detailed TED talk on Sports Economics. I mean, how can you pencil out a $2B stadium? I know the snarky answer is "use someone else's money." But how can anyone pencil out $2B stadium?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I would like to watch a detailed TED talk on Sports Economics. I mean, how can you pencil out a $2B stadium? I know the snarky answer is "use someone else's money." But how can anyone pencil out $2B stadium?

That's why these things always have these entertainment districts with them. They build the stadium, but then they also own a bunch of the real estate around it so the charge people crazy amounts in leases for the stuff around the stadium.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron