Downtown Royals Stadium

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
This isnt the first downtown stadium in the history of the MLB, and all the other ones work just fine. 90,000 people leave downtown KC everyday without to much trouble. no parking is just a tired boring excuse. The royals need a new stadium and it needs to be in the city.
Can you back up the 90,000 figure? That number seems high and only makes sense if ‘downtown’ is broadly defined (i.e. includes Plaza area).

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
This isnt the first downtown stadium in the history of the MLB, and all the other ones work just fine. 90,000 people leave downtown KC everyday without to much trouble. no parking is just a tired boring excuse. The royals need a new stadium and it needs to be in the city.
Yep. Not an issue in STL. Maybe KC needs a metro link as well

Reactions: JohnPrineforCy

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
This isnt the first downtown stadium in the history of the MLB, and all the other ones work just fine. 90,000 people leave downtown KC everyday without to much trouble. no parking is just a tired boring excuse. The royals need a new stadium and it needs
Respectfully disagree. Thank you for the reply.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
No dog in the fight (Twins fan) but the K is pretty sweet and I would be sad to see it go. Maybe it's needed though.

• Winner
Reactions: CyGuy5

JohnPrineforCy

Feb 1, 2019
No dog in the fight (Twins fan) but the K is pretty sweet and I would be sad to see it go. Maybe it's needed though.
it’s had renovations, but it’s still pretty old and falling apart. I love the K and have a lot of fond memories there, but it’s time. This franchise needs a jolt of energy and a bigger revenue stream and I think a city stadium can help with that.

• Winner
Reactions: deadeyededric

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Die hard Royals fan here. Sherman needs to put a winning team on the field before wasting his time with a new stadium. Not exactly sure where the falling apart narrative is coming from as I’ve been to countless games the last few seasons and it’s perfectly fine. There’s a reason Kauffman has lasted as long as it has, and any new stadium needs to keep the same key features that make the K so great. The renderings that just came out are so lame and uninspired.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Twins fan in KC so don't really care...although I would definitely go to mote games because it's much closer than going to Kaufmann...but not a fan of the stadium design. The charm of most downtown stadiums is a view of the skyline in the outfield. This design looks almost like a dome with no roof. They need to open up the outfield.

As far as parking, I would think they would build some new parking garages to the south and east.

I know a lot of Royals fans that like to tailgate before the games so not sure how that would work...I guess they'd have go to the bars instead.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
My wife and I probably watched 100 games a year when the royals were good. They are terrible and will be terrible for a while regardless of a stadium. It’s so hard to care when it just seems absolutely hopeless.

As somebody that comes out of town I’ll probably just hit a Sporting game since they’ll be likely be charging 4x as much to watch the same terrible team.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
My wife and I probably watched 100 games a year when the royals were good. They are terrible and will be terrible for a while regardless of a stadium. It’s so hard to care when it just seems absolutely hopeless.

As somebody that comes out of town I’ll probably just hit a Sporting game since they’ll be likely be charging 4x as much to watch the same terrible team.
2014 -2015 were magical. I guess we can blame the owners on the coasts for making that a once in a generation phenomenon.

Reactions: CycloneVet

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
2014 -2015 were magical. I guess we can blame the owners on the coasts for making that a once in a generation phenomenon.

How is that their problem? The Royals now are basically tanking and hoarding money to try and get this stadium done as opposed to even trying to field a quality team.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
How is that their problem? The Royals now are basically tanking and hoarding money to try and get this stadium done as opposed to even trying to field a quality team.
Do you understand the revenue share dynamics in baseball vs other sports such as football? Maybe Not?

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Yep. And as a KC fan I think they have this wrong. The reason I am not watching or attending many games now is that the team sucks and doesn't even show potential for the future. It has nothing to do with the stadium. We are entering year 7 of the rebuild and I don't even feel hope. I still think The K is a great place to watch a game and the location is easy to get to.

Reactions: abcguyks

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

Might want to check this out