ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Every job has parts that really suck.

For me, finding the balance between a free site and bringing advertising on board that doesn't water down the product is that. There's just such a fine line in digital media. It's why so many properties fail - especially the free ones.

I just wanted to let you guys know how hard we are working behind the scenes to always be improving in this area. We actually just hired a third party to come in and help with it.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I just eliminated that bar across the bottom of the screen. It'll cost the company a few thousand dollars a month but my plan is to replenish that with Patreon donations until we find a better solution.

I guess the main reason for this post is to tell you that your input is always heard so if its in a forum post, a PM or a tweet, keep the positives and negatives coming!

Just don't be rude! Thanks and have a great day.

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
Thanks Chris, love this site. I might be in the minority, but that bar at the bottom was HORRIBLE, especially on mobile, glad to see it's gone. I will say though that I would rather have the ad bar at the bottom than not have a quality site like CyFan. Keep up the good work fellas.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I still have the bar across the screen on mobile, but it honestly doesn’t bother me. When there’s no random redirects it’s great and I have no issues

• Agree
Reactions: legi and Cy$

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
@ChrisMWilliams if you were hearing negatives about the bar at the bottom, it was probably a case where unhappy people were speaking up but the 19 out of 20 who didn't care were silent, hence skewing your data on how hated it was.

Put it back and get the "few thousand dollars a month" back too.

Last edited:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
If that bar was making CF a few thousand $ each month, put that thing back up. I didn’t even really notice it anyways, at least until you made this thread.

I also encourage everybody to donate to patreon, even if its $1/month. With the amount of members CF has, if everybody donated just $1/month, there wouldn’t be a need for all these ads. (Or at least that many)

Thoroughbred

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 27, 2016
I'm on here every day on my phone but never post. I have no idea what bar is being talked about. Now I feel like I'm missing out because I didn't notice it. Bring it back!

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm and Angie

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Every job has parts that really suck.

For me, finding the balance between a free site and bringing advertising on board that doesn't water down the product is that. There's just such a fine line in digital media. It's why so many properties fail - especially the free ones.

I just wanted to let you guys know how hard we are working behind the scenes to always be improving in this area. We actually just hired a third party to come in and help with it.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I just eliminated that bar across the bottom of the screen. It'll cost the company a few thousand dollars a month but my plan is to replenish that with Patreon donations until we find a better solution.

I guess the main reason for this post is to tell you that your input is always heard so if its in a forum post, a PM or a tweet, keep the positives and negatives coming!

Just don't be rude! Thanks and have a great day.

Who knew a little bar on my phone was so valuable? Anyone else remember back towards the beginning of the internet that there was an add company who would share revenue with the users. Ya, well that didn't go so well when the users just started clicking away. Especially when they made a bot to move and click. Lol. Good times.

Reactions: aauummm

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I’m just used to it now and I’ve been drinking a **** ton of Diet Dr Pepper lately and I don’t think that is a coincidence.

Well, there goes any good will our new WBB TV analyst might have been trying to build with the Fennelly family. :rolleyes:

fennelly_bill.jpg

#The Dew

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm