dumb hawk fan/ road rage

oskyclone

Apr 13, 2006
Altoona
Before today I never realized how someone could get road rage so bad that they could want to smash that drivers face in,but today I figured out how it could happen. So I was driving on i35 north between Ankeny and Ames for my daughter first check up. I'm going along on cruise and a car passes me and slows down.they then speed up again as I change lanes. So I just got in the right lane and slowed down a little because I don't like to play that game. I catch up to some more traffic and get in the left lane behind this car and truck pulling a small trailer. We are doing about 74-75 and all of a sudden the truck in front of me flashes his break lights and then we slowed to 45 and I had to swerve into the right lane ( thankfully I had room). The car in front of the truck had slowed down for no reason from the looks of it and as we passed these piles of **** they are both laughing and the passenger is showing off his forearm tattoo of the birds hit hawk logo. So basically these 2 idiot hawk fans thought it would be funny to try and cause an accident on the interstate. And we played cat and mouse all the way to the Nevada before parting ways. I guess I don't know what I was more upset about. The willingness to slow down in the fast lane or that because I had isu plates they need to trash talk through the window or that I had a baby in the back. I already dislike hawk fans a lot so maybe my bias just ****** me off more. I really think they were just low lifes that just happened to be hawk fans, but I'm still fuming and needed to get it off my chest. Thanks.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
...while it's not cool for people to do that, what's the speed limit on I-35?

And if you have more following space in general, someone slowing ahead wouldn't isn't much of a problem.

Sorry, but it seems like your paragraph is full of a lot of unsafe behaviors on your own part, which, if adapted, help avoid other drivers altogether (tavern hawk or not).

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

And if you have more following space in general, someone slowing ahead wouldn't isn't much of a problem.

Sorry, but it seems like your paragraph is full of a lot of unsafe behaviors on your own part, which, if adapted, help avoid other drivers altogether (tavern hawk or not).
Wut?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

Know you've done it. Aunt Ethel is ****** and calling out your driving habits (which sound within reason).

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
(515) 725-6090

This is the state trooper headquarters phone number. I keep it in my phone in case I run into any unsafe/drunk drivers. I've never had to use it, but it's nice to have in case you ever have to

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010

madguy30, you forgot to turn the blinker off on your Buick again.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Bro, I get road rage every time I see a Hawk on the interstate. Not sure why. When I see 'em in the city I'm fine, but whenever they're on I35 I always find something wrong with them.

Reactions: oskyclone

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
They're just scumbags. Being hawk fans has nothing to do with it. That said, you should have absolutely called the cops. Most likely, they'd get pulled over and arrested for possession of meth.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
They're just scumbags. Being hawk fans has nothing to do with it. That said, you should have absolutely called the cops. Most likely, they'd get pulled over and arrested for possession of meth.

This. The correct thing to do is to call the cops. They could seriously hurt somebody.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Yeah, the only thing that being hawk fans did was make you a target. But the reason they did it was because they were scum.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Too bad they didn't meet the guy who passed me @ 85 while texting. Iowa State dude in the white Chevy and North Carolina plates, you know who I mean.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
madguy30, you forgot to turn the blinker off on your Buick again.

...sorry, just some very basic factual things that people are too ignorant or stupid to acknowledge when it comes to driving. Darwinism at its finest.

Going, at times, even 10 miles over increase the chance of collision, but doesn't save much time, especially over a trip like Ankeny to Ames. Google it.

Keeping yourself farther away from objects keeps you from hitting them. Speeding closer to them makes it more likely that you will hit them. These aren't things that are difficult to understand....are they?

...wait--are you one of these people that has to have your car tell you that you're in the oncoming lane, since you were too busy listening to your GPS, that sits in your view on your dashboard?

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
...sorry, just some very basic factual things that people are too ignorant or stupid to acknowledge when it comes to driving. Darwinism at its finest.

Going, at times, even 10 miles over increase the chance of collision, but doesn't save much time, especially over a trip like Ankeny to Ames. Google it.

Keeping yourself farther away from objects keeps you from hitting them. Speeding closer to them makes it more likely that you will hit them. These aren't things that are difficult to understand....are they?

...wait--are you one of these people that has to have your car tell you that you're in the oncoming lane, since you were too busy listening to your GPS, that sits in your view on your dashboard?
I guess I don't see what parts of his post indicate that he was unsafe because none of the things he was doing were really that dumb. 5 to 10 over is not bad at all, and is not going to make that much of a difference. He also switched lanes in order try to avoid the situation (safe driving). I also read it as the hawk car really slammed on the brakes which forced the car in front of him to slam on the brakes which forced him to swerve. I assumed this all happened very quickly and you don't need to be tailgating to almost hit a car, especially if you go from 70 to 45. Him almost hitting the car seems to have more to do with it going 20-25 under the speed limit as opposed to him going 5-10 over.

oskyclone

Apr 13, 2006
Altoona
Re: dumb hawk fan/ road rage bbbb

I was going 74-75 in a 70 zone....the flow of traffic, which is much safer than simply the speed limit. Mostly ****** because it wasn't just me they caused to slam the breaks. I could've been 500 foot away but going from 75 to 45 in a a second will cause an accident. I'm sorry a bad driver and kept switching lanes for no reason. It is much safer to keep a steady speed and definitely not safe to slam your brakes on in the fast lane, when there was no reason. There wasn't a car in front of them, nothing was in the road, nothing crossed the road, just a couple of asshats that were laughing and mocking us. But thanks for the drivig lesson Mr. Dot.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010

Nope, unlike you I am the guy that read his post and understood he was not driving in an unsafe manner.