Dumbest thing you dealt with today?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Oh yeah... if I hear the term "we are 'vision casting'" one more time, somebody is getting punched in the nuts.

LOL not in the corporate world, is vision casting the new catch phrase for the 5,10,15 yr where do we want the company to be term?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I haven't done the dumbest thing yet today because I'm on the fence with taking my wife to see Mean Girls at Stephen's.
I haven't watched that movie/play. Would I kill myself?
You would. You’re always such a wiener.

Reactions: jmax71

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Have to submit an application for my new apartment. Tells me there's already an account under my email. Ok, try to change password and it tells me there's no account associated with that email. Awesome...

• Angry
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
In my industry, we have to maintain continuing ed credits to keep our license. Two hours must be on ethics, specifically. Every conference now includes at least one session on ethics so people can get their credits.

At a conference this week and the "ethics" talk was a self-help guru trying to sell us books under the guise of "ethics is about relationships!"

Did you know that ethics means being nice to people and caring about them? Spoiler: That. Is. Not. Ethics.
Those guys are the best. My first job out of college we had a 'retreat' where the bosses brought in a productivity guru who spent half a day explaining how every decision we make during the work day is a "conspiracy" in one way or another. I was literally three months out of college, and remember thinking to myself "man the next 50 years of my life are really going to suck."

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Thanks..dumb keeps rolling in. I don't intend to do something, but going to do it anyway? **** you dumbass. Have no time for stupid twists of logic like your moronic post
I really wasn't talking about you or anyone else who shares a story in this thread. We all talk about dumb people or circumstances we encounter in life at times. Just making an observation about some of the people I know in my life. Too bad you can't take me saying it wasn't a shot at you at face value. Thats on you.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Sister-in-law, who is very nice and in all other ways a great person, but is also a chronic and obsessive overplanner, sends out a family text this morning... April 3... wanting to know what dates would work for everyone getting together for Christmas.
"Whenever the vacation you're trying to plan is scheduled" because that's why she's asking in April.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My friend is building a two-story house on an empty lot in a neighborhood full of two-story houses. They broke ground this morning. When they arrived, they saw that the neighbor had put up a big sign that says, "THANKS FOR RUINING OUR VIEW!"

Nothing like crapping in your own nest on day one.
Silly neighbor all he had to do is buy the lot to maintain the view. When my sister moved to Slater they were on the edge of town didn't take long for that to change,but they didn't expect it to stay the same.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
In my industry, we have to maintain continuing ed credits to keep our license. Two hours must be on ethics, specifically. Every conference now includes at least one session on ethics so people can get their credits.

At a conference this week and the "ethics" talk was a self-help guru trying to sell us books under the guise of "ethics is about relationships!"

Did you know that ethics means being nice to people and caring about them? Spoiler: That. Is. Not. Ethics.
"Chapter two discusses the ethics of trying to come across as an expert on ethics and getting suckers to buy your fraudulent books."

• Haha
Reactions: throwittoblythe

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Ugh - that's terrible. Why would you treat your literal neighbor that you've never met that way? And, unfortunately - that unfriendly, un-neighborly attitude is too prevalent.

The last 2 houses we've moved to, before we signed mortgage docs and closed I went to the neighbors and talked to them and said we're planning to buy the house. Just talked to them briefly and told them about our family and ask them how long they've lived there and a couple quick questions about if the house we're buying had any trouble they knew of and if they knew if the sellers did anything good/bad with the house? That will reveal a lot about them and if they're friendly and will make good neighbors.

I'll never buy another house without knowing who the neighbors are.
I'm pretty sure somewhere in the mountain of paperwork necessary to buy a property is a guarantee that nothing at all will ever change within a few miles of the property. It must be in there, otherwise there's not a logical explanation for how a lot of people act.

• Funny
Reactions: BuffettClone

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
"Chapter two discusses the ethics of trying to come across as an expert on ethics and getting suckers to buy your fraudulent books."
Exactly my point. It's a tad unethical to pose as an ethics speaker and try to hawk your books, no? The dude literally passed his book around at the conference. And the book had absolutely nothing to do with ethics.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I haven't done the dumbest thing yet today because I'm on the fence with taking my wife to see Mean Girls at Stephen's.
I haven't watched that movie/play. Would I kill myself?

Does she like going to the theater? Do you like seeing her dressed up nice? Do you like getting laid?
If the answer to the 1st question is yes, and also to questions 2 and 3 also yes buy the tickets.

• Agree
Reactions: BuffettClone

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
In the legal industry, continuing ed is a great way for fringe law businesses to promote their businesses by hosting continuing ed sessions. Strangely enough, that doesn't seem to come up in the ethics sessions.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
My friend is building a two-story house on an empty lot in a neighborhood full of two-story houses. They broke ground this morning. When they arrived, they saw that the neighbor had put up a big sign that says, "THANKS FOR RUINING OUR VIEW!"

Nothing like crapping in your own nest on day one.
There are people that think the cornfield behind their house will always be a cornfield.
It can be...Buy the ground and plant corn.

Help Support Us

Become a patron