EA Sports NCAA College FB coming back Summer '24

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I suppose I'm theory you can add or subtract players/personalities freely based on NIL status via in-game updates, so at least there shouldn't be any concerns of the game being stalled based on who's in or out. It's not a static thing.
Knowing EA, you probably just have to pay for each player you add lol

Reactions: CapnCy

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Pretty simple to take the edit screen off of players. Or just not have updated rosters available by anyone other than EA. If that’s what it takes to get this game back out, do it. I’m sure the vast majority of players will take the $600 and free game.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Pretty simple to take the edit screen off of players. Or just not have updated rosters available by anyone other than EA. If that’s what it takes to get this game back out, do it. I’m sure the vast majority of players will take the $600 and free game.
$600 is more than what probably >90% of college football players make on current NIL deals.

Reactions: Erik4Cy

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
It sounds like the game is treating it like it's their problem, and are taking steps to prevent it.

"One thing that will not be customizable: If a player chooses to not be included in the game, he will not be able to be created in the game by users -- although Holt wouldn't say how they would prevent that, only that it will not be allowed."

They'll make it their problem now or it'll become their problem later like last time.
Unless I misunderstood the problem the first time, the problem wasn't custom player creation. It was that they modeled the default players off of exact copies of the real ones, just without the full names. On top of the suing party just trying to make a quick buck on something silly -- as now evidenced by the fact that, apparently, all they had to do to make a game was cut checks for a piddly $600 to players. Whoopty-doo. One would think it would be substantially more expensive based on how big of a deal it was to get here.

If that's not the case and the problem was indeed custom, user-made rosters, then I don't see an effective way to avoid that issue apart from not having a player creator at all. They could do that, but tons of people will be pissed about it. Who hasn't made themselves into a player at some point? Nope, here's your randomly-generated Road to Glory character, enjoy.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
If it's disappointing, I might still have this stashed away in my house somewhere. You can create whoever you want, opt-outs be damned:
View attachment 124374
This game was soo good for it's time. One of the things I remember is that you didn't lose control of the player when the play was over, and they would call you for a penalty if you tackled people too late.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Knowing EA, you probably just have to pay for each player you add lol
LOL...i actually thought about that as i was just talking with some people yesterday how some games like Fortnight release for free, but make their money on the customization. Maybe not a bad idea!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
LOL...i actually thought about that as i was just talking with some people yesterday how some games like Fortnight release for free, but make their money on the customization. Maybe not a bad idea!
Maybe it’s generational, but I’d rather pay for a full game than get the basic skeleton and then have to buy it into the full game. I’m sure it’s designed so you end up paying more.

Reactions: BettonCy and CapnCy

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Looking forward to this. Have a group of buddies in different states and we created our own dynasty league with our own created schools/programs and play online. Lots of fun and great way to stay connected. Per usual, my school/nickname/colors/unis/stadium/field will be superior.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
This game was soo good for it's time. One of the things I remember is that you didn't lose control of the player when the play was over, and they would call you for a penalty if you tackled people too late.
That game was awesome for its day. Then again, other than playing a bit of NBA and Madden on my kids XBox a couple times that was the last time I played on a gaming system.

But yes that 2K2 Sega CFB game was pretty good back in the day. I don't really remember any horrible flaws in game play, other than Lane Danielson having a middle bar on his facemask like a DL from 1990, which was just ridiculous.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Good news. Got to be some egg on the face for the folks at that "College Football Players Association" outfit. They've been trying to get boycott of the game going since last summer, and have not found much traction. I think they're kind of shady, personally. They don't actually represent any players, or have any clout at all. Feels like they are being opportunistic, picked a name that sounds like it has some authority, and are attempting to insert themselves into the conversation trying to achieve some relevance.

Reactions: 06_CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron