EA Sports NCAA College FB coming back Summer '24

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'm sure this game will sell like crazy, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't just completely mid. I feel like people who are looking for an updated NCAA 14 are going to be so disappointed. EA has basically spent the last decade taking out franchise mode features from madden each year and replacing it with microtransactions.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'm sure this game will sell like crazy, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't just completely mid. I feel like people who are looking for an updated NCAA 14 are going to be so disappointed. EA has basically spent the last decade taking out franchise mode features from madden each year and replacing it with microtransactions.
Yeah I'm waiting a week at least before I get this. Madden is so unfun now that I am worried about this one too.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Everything you just said is correct and I know it will be just ok.

But I know I'm going to buy it when it comes out. And EA knows that, too. They can roll out a horrible product and still make an insane amount of money and they know it.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

Even if it is completely mid it will still fill a void that a lot of people have been missing for the past decade. It'll still have college football traditions, college football announcers, college football feel. That alone makes it better than anything Madden offers IMO.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Even if it is completely mid it will still fill a void that a lot of people have been missing for the past decade. It'll still have college football traditions, college football announcers, college football feel. That alone makes it better than anything Madden offers IMO.
This. Just give me Madden 24 with a functional dynasty mode and I will be happy for the return edition. Anything on top of that is icing on the cake for my expectations for this year.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
This. Just give me Madden 24 with a functional dynasty mode and I will be happy for the return edition. Anything on top of that is icing on the cake for my expectations for this year.
Functional probably, just with fewer features than 14.

Reactions: Cyclonsin

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Any idea on when we know who will be included? Did they announce a release date.
No idea if they will release a list of included players, but I'd put money on the game coming out in July.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
No idea if they will release a list of included players, but I'd put money on the game coming out in July.
I suppose I'm theory you can add or subtract players/personalities freely based on NIL status via in-game updates, so at least there shouldn't be any concerns of the game being stalled based on who's in or out. It's not a static thing.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I suppose I'm theory you can add or subtract players/personalities freely based on NIL status via in-game updates, so at least there shouldn't be any concerns of the game being stalled based on who's in or out. It's not a static thing.
I think it will be interesting to see how they plan on dealing with players who opt out. If, in real life, #10 on Texas Tech is junior quarterback, and man-bun sporting, Larry VonUnderpants, and he doesn't want to be in the game, am I just unable to create a character with those specs? Can I create Harry VonUnderpants? Larry VonUnderpantz? Larry VonUnderpants, #11? Larry VonUnderpants with no man-bun? Larry VonUnderpants at Texas A&M?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I think it will be interesting to see how they plan on dealing with players who opt out. If, in real life, #10 on Texas Tech is junior quarterback, and man-bun sporting, Larry VonUnderpants, and he doesn't want to be in the game, am I just unable to create a character with those specs? Can I create Harry VonUnderpants? Larry VonUnderpantz? Larry VonUnderpants, #11? Larry VonUnderpants with no man-bun? Larry VonUnderpants at Texas A&M?
I feel like that isn't the game's problem, as in custom-created content. They can prove there are safe, real-life use cases for creating custom players and sharing them with others. If you, personally, made a likeness-breaking character, it seems to me that they'd have to go after you directly for it. If I drew pictures of Mahomes and sold them for profit, he could force me to stop, right? It's not the paper or crayons' faults.

Now what they probably could do is ask EA to remove content packs that have bad imagery in them, but...good luck with that enforcement/upkeep. They can make a reasonable effort and still never get it all. Those who want it, will find it.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
If it's disappointing, I might still have this stashed away in my house somewhere. You can create whoever you want, opt-outs be damned:
1708633475572.png

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I feel like that isn't the game's problem, as in custom-created content. They can prove there are safe, real-life use cases for creating custom players and sharing them with others. If you, personally, made a likeness-breaking character, it seems to me that they'd have to go after you directly for it. If I drew pictures of Mahomes and sold them for profit, he could force me to stop, right? It's not the paper or crayons' faults.

Now what they probably could do is ask EA to remove content packs that have bad imagery in them, but...good luck with that enforcement/upkeep. They can make a reasonable effort and still never get it all. Those who want it, will find it.
It sounds like the game is treating it like it's their problem, and are taking steps to prevent it.

"One thing that will not be customizable: If a player chooses to not be included in the game, he will not be able to be created in the game by users -- although Holt wouldn't say how they would prevent that, only that it will not be allowed."

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

They'll make it their problem now or it'll become their problem later like last time.

Help Support Us

Become a patron