EA Sports NCAA Football game

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
As someone that plays a LOT of Madden, I’d have no problem if the gameplay was the same as Madden and they go all in on making dynasty mode great. A group of buddies used to have so much fun with online dynasty and we carried it over to online franchise in Madden. Still fun but not nearly as fun as recruiting against each other and the conference rivalries that formed

Disagree with this. What made the old versions great was that it was different than Madden. Yes the Dynasty mode needs to be spot on, but the gameplay can’t just be a Madden clone with different teams. The college game is different than the NFL. The game needs to reflect that.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Disagree with this. What made the old versions great was that it was different than Madden. Yes the Dynasty mode needs to be spot on, but the gameplay can’t just be a Madden clone with different teams. The college game is different than the NFL. The game needs to reflect that.
If you're talking formations, schemes, and play calls, yes, I agree. But changing the actual gameplay, like the way the game controls, and how players interact, isn't as important to me as getting the dynasty right. Obviously, I want it to improve, but a lot of the differences come down to making the difference between good players and average/below average players more pronounced, and tweaking the RNG settings for the way recruits are generated. And that can be done comparatively easily, compared to overhauling the way the game plays.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The college game has always had better gameplay than Madden IMO, much more fluid. The new college game isn't going to be a Madden reskin in terms of gameplay, at least that's a point they've been stressing. I hope it's not, Madden player movements way too choppy.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
The college game has always had better gameplay than Madden IMO, much more fluid. The new college game isn't going to be a Madden reskin in terms of gameplay, at least that's a point they've been stressing. I hope it's not, Madden player movements way too choppy.
I get what you’re saying but the madden movements seem way more realistic to me. I was as big of fan as NCAA 14 as there was, but after playing madden for years it was difficult to go back to playing NCAA 14 and being able to run around and change directions on a dime. I also like the throwing on madden waaay more compared to NCAA. Madden you’re actually able to fit the ball into realistic tight windows if you have good timing and understand route trees, coverages, etc. NCAA 14 you never knew when the LB would randomly jump 10 feet and pick a ball off or the DB would jump a route while turned around with his back to the QB

Reactions: Mr Janny

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I get what you’re saying but the madden movements seem way more realistic to me. I was as big of fan as NCAA 14 as there was, but after playing madden for years it was difficult to go back to playing NCAA 14 and being able to run around and change directions on a dime. I also like the throwing on madden waaay more compared to NCAA. Madden you’re actually able to fit the ball into realistic tight windows if you have good timing and understand route trees, coverages, etc. NCAA 14 you never knew when the LB would randomly jump 10 feet and pick a ball off or the DB would jump a route while turned around with his back to the QB
I don't disagree, the LBs jumping 15 feet into the air or a DB hitting that "patch of ice", as we called it, to slide in front of the WR for a pick when he was way out of position in the NCAA game could get pretty ridiculous.

One thing I hope they change in the new college game is the CPU FG kicking. If you're playing the CPU and they're attempting a FG inside of 50 yards it literally NEVER misses.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don’t know if it’d be a micro transaction exactly, but I wouldn’t mind if they had the game with just numbers and offered yearly roster updates that the money would go to the players. Separate the dollars going to EA and the players so we camps easily see how much the players benefit.
This seems like the most likely angle for that. If so, I'd be curious if it just unlocks the players on your selected team, or all rosters. Would be a bit weird to have opponents with all random names, but I suppose in dynasty mode, you eventually get to that point anyway.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I don't disagree, the LBs jumping 15 feet into the air or a DB hitting that "patch of ice", as we called it, to slide in front of the WR for a pick when he was way out of position in the NCAA game could get pretty ridiculous.

One thing I hope they change in the new college game is the CPU FG kicking. If you're playing the CPU and they're attempting a FG inside of 50 yards it literally NEVER misses.
To fix the FG issue you just need to reduce the CPU FG accuracy slider.

Personally I found the LBs with 10 feet vertical and DB interception slides were more prominent in 12 and 13 games. I thought 14 improved those areas and also improved passing precision in general.

Never been impressed by Madden gameplay, I hope the new game captures the “players feel truly different” feel that NCAA did. Seriously you could have 4 starting WRs who all felt completely unique to throw too. Such a great game.

Reactions: Agclone91 and Gonzo

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I thought NCAA 14 had great passing - the best of the college series. I haven’t played all the modern Maddens so can’t compare the two directly.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I thought NCAA 14 had great passing - the best of the college series. I haven’t played all the modern Maddens so can’t compare the two directly.
Agree, being able to use the left stick to lead or back shoulder receivers is pretty slick and helps throw guys open.

Reactions: CloneIce

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
The NCAA games always played way more smoothly than Madden. EA has already said that the game won't simply be a re-skin, but that it's on the same Engine. I'm expecting it to play very similarly.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron