EA Sports NCAA Football game

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Depending on which console version you own, you may be able to use a physical disc, but it will be available for digital download as well
Obviously with Playstation, supply, selling out, and back orders are a big concern for a game this anticipated if you have to have the physical disc.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Obviously with Playstation, supply, selling out, and back orders are a big concern for a game this anticipated if you have to have the physical disc.
Yeah, I don't know about others but I haven't bought a physical disc for a game in several years. I'd imagine that market has cratered, compared to what it used to be.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Yeah, I don't know about others but I haven't bought a physical disc for a game in several years. I'd imagine that market has cratered, compared to what it used to be.
I almost exclusively buy physical Switch games, but that's mainly because they hold value and resell/trade in well as I cycle through them

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Hearing EA isn't confirming the date, I'm still leery, Madden has been awful for years, I have no confidence in EA to put out a decent game.

My expectation is a mediocre Madden clone, it’s a lot to expect much more from this first one. Which is fine if they put together a decent recruiting/player progression system.

My hope for this game is its popular enough for them to keep making it, maybe every other year or something like that.

Reactions: heitclone

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I was involved in the beta testing of this.

If you choose Iowa State as your team, you are only allowed to select "run the ball up the middle" on first down.

If you choose Iowa, your kick returner looks like this:

Bring back rep

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Said I wouldn’t get a console until this game came out. Siblings got me an XBOX over Christmas, so pumped for this.

Probably will wait a couple weeks to get it though.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Not sure when it happened, but they did fix his look in the game.
Is there a way to see if I need to download an update? He still looks he went on a bender or something. It doesn’t look like him IMO at all.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
My expectation is a mediocre Madden clone, it’s a lot to expect much more from this first one. Which is fine if they put together a decent recruiting/player progression system.

My hope for this game is it’s popular enough for them to keep making it, maybe every other year or something like that.
I guess I never thought the NCAA games were Madden clones in the past. Gameplay always seemed different to me.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Want to improve your dynasty team and get some sick players from the portal?

Spend $4.99 in real money and your school's in-game NIL collective will be able to get a top tier OL!
Single player game modes like dynasty, franchise, career mode rarely ever have microtransactions to be able to compete in the game. Only thing you might see you can buy is cosmetic things. Like cleats, gloves, etc. Things you can live life without and be able to compete on the field fairly still

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I guess I never thought the NCAA games were Madden clones in the past. Gameplay always seemed different to me.

I agree, even though they were all using the same tech they had a different feel, I just don’t think that has any chance of happening with this reboot. So I hope they keep making it and get back to that.

I always preferred NCAA because of how much of an impact you had on the roster, where Madden felt mostly the same year over year. That’s why I think that is the make or break for them this time.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonsin

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Single player game modes like dynasty, franchise, career mode rarely ever have microtransactions to be able to compete in the game. Only thing you might see you can buy is cosmetic things. Like cleats, gloves, etc. Things you can live life without and be able to compete on the field fairly still

The NBA2K series is a good example of where the micro transactions ran wild. That game is so good but it’s hard to play it without seeing them everywhere.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Please no microtransactions.

I don’t know if it’d be a micro transaction exactly, but I wouldn’t mind if they had the game with just numbers and offered yearly roster updates that the money would go to the players. Separate the dollars going to EA and the players so we camps easily see how much the players benefit.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The NBA2K series is a good example of where the micro transactions ran wild. That game is so good but it’s hard to play it without seeing them everywhere.
Agreed. The My Player mode in that series used to be one of the better sports experiences in gaming. It's still a lot of fun, but has lost a lot luster, with a good bit of that because it's been just inundated with micro transactions

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Agreed. The My Player mode in that series used to be one of the better sports experiences in gaming. It's still a lot of fun, but has lost a lot luster, with a good bit of that because it's been just inundated with micro transactions

The biggest offense to me is the player progression. There’s a ton of depth to it but the progression is sooo slow and it’s obvious that it’s designed that way to encourage you to pay money to speed it up.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I almost exclusively buy physical Switch games, but that's mainly because they hold value and resell/trade in well as I cycle through them
Same....always prefer physical so I can resell if needed.

I have a PS5 and recently added an internal 2tb HD...game changer to not have to swap games around as much and also have an 8tb external drive to store games

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I don’t know if it’d be a micro transaction exactly, but I wouldn’t mind if they had the game with just numbers and offered yearly roster updates that the money would go to the players. Separate the dollars going to EA and the players so we camps easily see how much the players benefit.
Not a bad idea, actually. Although, I'm sure some lawyer would argue "we all know #3 is Rocco" or whatever.

Looking forward to this game for sure.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
As someone that plays a LOT of Madden, I’d have no problem if the gameplay was the same as Madden and they go all in on making dynasty mode great. A group of buddies used to have so much fun with online dynasty and we carried it over to online franchise in Madden. Still fun but not nearly as fun as recruiting against each other and the conference rivalries that formed

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
As someone that plays a LOT of Madden, I’d have no problem if the gameplay was the same as Madden and they go all in on making dynasty mode great. A group of buddies used to have so much fun with online dynasty and we carried it over to online franchise in Madden. Still fun but not nearly as fun as recruiting against each other and the conference rivalries that formed
Yeah, I'm less concerned about the gameplay being different than Madden than I am with them really nailing dynasty mode.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron