EA Sports NCAA Football game

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I was involved in the beta testing of this.

If you choose Iowa State as your team, you are only allowed to select "run the ball up the middle" on first down.

If you choose Iowa, your kick returner looks like this:

Everything about this is amazing

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I would be SHOCKED if there aren't any. That's EA's entire business model. Plus modern CFB is so ripe for nickel & diming us to death in a game like this.
Yeah, they will definitely have some kind of micro transactions. Hoping they'll model it similar to Madden where the micro transactions affect MUT mode, and leave dynasty mode alone.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Yeah, they will definitely have some kind of micro transactions. Hoping they'll model it similar to Madden where the micro transactions affect MUT mode, and leave dynasty mode alone.
I've pretty much given up on EA doing the right thing, or the decent thing, or even the comprehensible thing.

Reactions: PFlatts

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
What does this mean and explain it to me like I'm 9 years old.
Ea has the habit of trying to make every game a vehicle to selling player card packs for like 2 bucks a pop. I feel like often at the expense of making an actually fun game. Like FIFA soccer is pretty much unplayable.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
What does this mean and explain it to me like I'm 9 years old.
You spend $60 to get the game. And then there is additional unlock-able content/advantages for additional money. So even though you’ve bought the game, the full content isn’t unlocked unless you spend more $$$.

EA got fried for this a few years back with a Star Wars game where you could either grind for hours and hours and hours or pay money for enough credits to unlock big characters like Darth Vader as a character quickly. They tried to play it off as “players earning it” but really it was a money grab. See more below.

In an NCAA game, this could be applied to any number of things: special stadiums, unique alternate uniforms, legendary players, stat boosts, etc.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You spend $60 to get the game. And then there is additional unlock-able content/advantages for additional money. So even though you’ve bought the game, the full content isn’t unlocked unless you spend more $$$.

EA got fried for this a few years back with a Star Wars game where you could either grind for hours and hours and hours or pay money for enough credits to unlock big characters like Darth Vader as a character quickly. They tried to play it off as “players earning it” but really it was a money grab. See more below.

In an NCAA game, this could be applied to any number of things: special stadiums, unique alternate uniforms, legendary players, stat boosts, etc.

This is all BS is IMO. I am not a big gamer, like at all but dabble minimally. Little JM got Madden for the PS4 (given to him by someone who didn't play theirs). Is there anything we should know about maximizing our experence with it? I feel like all the players are on there but we mostly just do quick play mode. Some of the features appear to need it to be connected to the internet which I am cautious to set up for him.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

To be clear, in Madden, franchise mode doesn't have any micro transactions. They're confined to other modes like MUT.
I'm hopeful that the same thing goes for the new college football game.

Some people really like the MUT mode, so maybe they'll bring something similar to the college game, maybe with all time greats from each school.

So far, EA hasn't let micro transactions encroach on franchise mode in Madden, despite having plenty of opportunities to do it. Fingers crossed that they do the same for the college game. One would think that there would be significant blowback from fans if they tried to implement them.

This entire game is a no brainer for EA. They don't have to do a whole lot for this game to be a success. Just have to not **** it up.

Reactions: MugNight

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I assume with this game and the PS5 you're not going to actually buy a physical disc? You can just pay for it and download it through the system?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Nah, you'll have to pay EA actual money in dynasty mode in order to attract recruits via NIL

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I assume with this game and the PS5 you're not going to actually buy a physical disc? You can just pay for it and download it through the system?
PS5 and Xbox will both need digital and physical versions, I'd expect. You can get both consoles with or without disc drives.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Depending on which console version you own, you may be able to use a physical disc, but it will be available for digital download as well