Easy US Diversity Classes

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'm in the same boat as the OP. I am interested only in getting the easiest possible U.S. Diversity class. What does this class require? It seems intriguing.

Rent the textbook. You have to post 4 times/week on the discussion board and take a quiz (three attempts..best score counts). Exams are online and supposed to be closed book. I've put less than a half hour into each week this semester.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
dont take music 102...its a 100 level class w/ 400 level material

I remember not liking Music 102 a lot... But, the Intro to Theatre class was cake...

I'll put up a vote for Am In 210 again, not a whole lot of work and the teacher (that I had at least) was easy to deal with; just read a few things and one decent project that was slapping some stats/info in a powerpoint and presenting...

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Rent the textbook. You have to post 4 times/week on the discussion board and take a quiz (three attempts..best score counts). Exams are online and supposed to be closed book. I've put less than a half hour into each week this semester.

That sounds amazing

bpmcclain

Nov 17, 2010
Ames
Ive also taken Pol Sci 310 and currently Im in Pol Sci 360 with Dave Peterson. Not terribly tough but not super easy either. He is a really good teacher and funny guy

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
My advisor told me to take HD FS 377. Aging in the family I think. She said the homework is writing a journal of stories from your childhood involving your grandparents. Also, the midterm is take home.

This is all from my advisor, not personal experience.

JHutch

Mar 19, 2006
Religion 210 is pretty easy and actually kind of interesting...fills up fast though

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
I just looked and HDFS 283 is not on the list of US Diversity classes

Iowa State University: U.S. Diversity List Information

Your department should have a list, and that may not necessarily match the university list. For example, I took AESHM 379 for my US Diversity requirement (mainly because it was the only thing that fit my schedule that didn't end in "studies", and I didn't want to feel guilty for simply being a white male), but it wasn't only my department's list of US Diversity classes. A quick email to my advisor solved that and it was a very easy course. The title is "Community Leadership", but it's basically about critical thinking. If you have any common sense you don't have to think too hard in that class.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'm sure this class would be interesting, but how easy is it? Anybody taken it recently?

Got an A last fall with minimal effort. Show up to class so you get your points for the clicker questions and you get a study guide before the exam that you just have to fill out and you have the answers to the exam.

cycloneSOULja

Feb 16, 2011
Why not just take something you are interested in? If you like it, you will be able to do the work and it will be easy. College is too expensive to waste on taking a worthless class.

clone319

Nov 27, 2010
Soc 235 with Krier. He's bat-**** crazy, does a lot of stupid stuff (drink beer in class, jump on tables,etc.), but probably the easiest tests I've had at ISU.

Took this class with Sapp. He gave the all the tests way beforehand so they were pretty easy. Still had to drop the class because I missed too many days. His attendance policy was insane.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I love how half of the classes I was planning to take next fall are already full. :jimlad: Honestly though, I will be a second semester Junior next semester and I still can't get into the sections I want.

Reactions: Clone5

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Why not just take something you are interested in? If you like it, you will be able to do the work and it will be easy. College is too expensive to waste on taking a worthless class.

Do you know how college works? I am required to take certain classes to graduate. One of those is a U.S. Diversity. As I am going to be taking 18 credits this semester I would like to have the easiest possible class because the other 15 are going to be hard as hell. That is why.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron