Easy US Diversity Classes

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I love how half of the classes I was planning to take next fall are already full. :jimlad: Honestly though, I will be a second semester Junior next semester and I still can't get into the sections I want.

Welcome to the club, I will be a senior and can't get into some of the classes I need. I had everything set so I can graduate on time next spring but since all honors students (including freshmen) have all registered before me I have a hard time, not to mention that the university isn't offering as many classes due to budget cuts (some not at all) so that hurts as well.

I think I have it so I can still graduate next year but it will be interesting...

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I love how half of the classes I was planning to take next fall are already full. :jimlad: Honestly though, I will be a second semester Junior next semester and I still can't get into the sections I want.

Dealing with the same problem. Normally the university is pretty good about opening up additional seats if there is unmet course demand. Still, you would think they'd have a history of how many students take each class in the fall/spring and provide seats accordingly:skeptical:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Why not just take something you are interested in? If you like it, you will be able to do the work and it will be easy. College is too expensive to waste on taking a worthless class.

If that was the case I wouldn't have to take electives/gen eds at all...

But that is not how college works there Soulja

Last edited:

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
AM IN 210 Don't ask just sign up.

AM IN 310 (note 310, not 210) is super easy - just make sure you take it with Dr. Cecil Whitehat.

The class is the easiest I have ever had since like 5th grade... honestly. Whitehat basically sat up front and told crazy stories about the Lakota Sioux the whole time. You do one presentation, for which he gives everyone A's, then there is a midterm and a final which he literally gives you the answers to a week ahead of time.

As a caution, I had a buddy who took 210 and it turned out to have a ton of reading assignments. I think that class varies in work load by who teaches your section.

Edit: I took 310 with Jason Scales and about 3 or 4 other football players and a couple of Vball players. I'm pretty sure they all got 100%'s as well.

Last edited:

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
My advisor told me to take HD FS 377. Aging in the family I think. She said the homework is writing a journal of stories from your childhood involving your grandparents. Also, the midterm is take home.

This is all from my advisor, not personal experience.

I took this in the Fall of 2009 with a professor from Germany I can't remember his name but he was pretty good. Went to class and did a small one page reflection on a research article every week and then the final was take home with no midterm just an easy paper. Its worthwhile but not like your adviser said it was.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Welcome to the club, I will be a senior and can't get into some of the classes I need. I had everything set so I can graduate on time next spring but since all honors students (including freshmen) have all registered before me I have a hard time, not to mention that the university isn't offering as many classes due to budget cuts (some not at all) so that hurts as well.

I think I have it so I can still graduate next year but it will be interesting...

I am almost positive this is incorrect. From my understanding, Honors students get bumped up one classification, so an Honors freshman signs up in the sophomore time slot.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA

Dealing with the same problem. Normally the university is pretty good about opening up additional seats if there is unmet course demand. Still, you would think they'd have a history of how many students take each class in the fall/spring and provide seats accordingly:skeptical:
Save me a seat in the same boat you all are in. I will be a 2nd semester junior as well, and when my registration time started this afternoon at 1:00, half of the classes I had planned to take this fall were already full. As of right now, I'm signed up to take 2 History courses and 2 Kinesiology courses.

wags

Dec 13, 2008
DSM
In the Same boat as well..needed Soc 305 for a sociology minor but probably won't get it since the class is full

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
You guys know you can get add slips right? I've probably gotten five of them and never had any problem with professors signing them. You can e-mail them ahead of time and ask so it isn't up in the air before the first day of class.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Be careful with add slips. Some colleges don't let profs sign them (COB being one of them). But, if a class is full you should always try and add it. Those of us that work for the university and can open sections of certain class can see how many people tried to add it after it was full. Our department will try and add sections or seats, if we see a lot of people on the list who have tried to add the class. You should also go to the department that is offering the class and see if they can or if the prof can sign you in (advising office in the case of business).

Not all honors students have registered. They can register about 5-7 days before someone who has the exact amount of credits that are not in honors.

Departments can not add classes as US Diversity or IP. The university regulates which ones are on the list. Some departments have lists of classes they will allow as Social Sciences or Humanities that can also count as US or IP, but the IP or US designations are by the University. This can be confusing, I suggest you check your degree audit after you register to make sure the class is fitting where you think it should. Ask your advisor, if you are confused or think it isn't where it should be.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron