Echemendia rescinds verbal?

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Technically yes he could go to college while in the ROTC. However, that would mean the money donated and raised by the ROTC would be being spent a living stipends AND on tuition, books, etc. Most (if not all) ROTC's don't have that much money. It just makes more sense for the kid to get a scholarship and have him compete in college. That way the ROTC $$ can be used for it's intended purpose... Allowing wrestlers to focus 100% on wrestling after college. Also, personally, I'd choose for my NCAA team to win NCAA titles vs. the CRTC winning Olympic golds. I know the wrestlers would prefer to win Olympics but I probably wouldn't donate as much or be invested as much knowing that it wasn't helping my NCAA team be more competitive.
I’m rooting for him to succeed, he has an unbelievable story. He seems like a really good kid who wants a degree and wants to be a US citizen. I just have questions about his academic eligibility and wonder if it’ll work out in time so he can be a part of collegiate wrestling.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
From reading the article linked above it does sound like he's getting guidance from the Gymnastics Coach from Cuba that was instrumental in recruiting him away from ISU. As much as I don't like that he choose to leave ISU. I can't help but think this is a fellow countryman who has had a similar journey and now appears to be leading a successful life. That might be the best mentor he can get.

Thats just one voice in his ear. I am less confident in the others.

• Agree
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
This is terrible, but we also dodged a bullet because it turns out he’s not that good at folkstyle.
I was going to post the wrestle off result where he got his ass kicked but decided to leave it alone. Hopefully more ass whoopings coming his way.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron