Elijah Long Transferring from Mt. Saint Marys

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm not a guy that would necessarily want him as a transfer next year, but to judge him off of 2 minutes and 2 shots is short sighted.

I've watched him enough this year to know the 2 shots he shot yesterday are a good example of his 3 point skills. He may be Naz's brother but he doesn't have 1/6th the 3 point skill Naz does.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
I've watched him enough this year to know the 2 shots he shot yesterday are a good example of his 3 point skills. He may be Naz's brother but he doesn't have 1/6th the 3 point skill Naz does.
I don't disagree, just sounded like that posters was judging him off of two minutes that he played yesterday. It would take a lot to go wrong for ISU to even consider taking him in I would assume. Hope everything works out well for him, except when he plays us!

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I don't disagree, just sounded like that posters was judging him off of two minutes that he played yesterday. It would take a lot to go wrong for ISU to even consider taking him in I would assume. Hope everything works out well for him, except when he plays us!
I’ve seen Texas play 3-4 games this year and seen his stats. He’s not cut out to be a decent contributor above a mid major level at all.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Let's talk bad about a kid who is working hard but not living up to some nobody's opinions SMH
Its not talking bad about him, it’s that we think we can get better players if they are available.
We are continuing to establish our program being solid, we have shown transfers work here.

Can you also imagine 4 years ago thinking Steve Prohm might have a brighter future than Shaka Smart? Wow.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
1. There's a lot of season left for Wiggy to regain his draft stock status.
2. THT is rated as a first round draft pick on nearly every NBA draft board out there
3. I agree. I don't even think he's better than Zion or Lewis who have barely seen minutes this year, and may not see many next year either.
I'll happily bump this post after the draft whether THT is drafted or not. I won't be eating crow on this one.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

I was pointing out his stats in the game vs. ISU. Look at his full stats this year to see it's not short sighted.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
I was pointing out his stats in the game vs. ISU. Look at his full stats this year to see it's not short sighted.
Which is exactly what I pointed out in post #124. "It would take a lot to go wrong for ISU to even consider taking him in I would assume", For example, we'd have to miss on our top 10 targets for the rest of the 2019 class and miss on our top 5-10 transfer targets

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
I’ve seen Texas play 3-4 games this year and seen his stats. He’s not cut out to be a decent contributor above a mid major level at all.
I wouldn't argue with that point, I just felt like the poster was judging Elijah off of two minutes against ISU. His numbers on the year aren't great, but it takes time to carve out a role. For example, take a look at Zoran and Terrence's numbers on the year, they aren't all that impressive. You could argue that they have good enough talent to contribute, they just aren't getting the opportunity.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
We already have a 6’4 sniper getting 0 minutes on the bench right now who will be chomping at the bit for the open guard minutes next year; not to mention Prentiss Nixon.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
We already have a 6’4 sniper getting 0 minutes on the bench right now who will be chomping at the bit for the open guard minutes next year; not to mention Prentiss Nixon.
Who is the 6'4 sniper?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
A career 30.1% (28/93) from three.

I think he was using the word sniper in jest.

Such as we already have a guy on the bench who is supposed to be a 3 point shooter but barely plays why would we want to add another to the bench.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I think he was using the word sniper in jest.

Such as we already have a guy on the bench who is supposed to be a 3 point shooter but barely plays why would we want to add another to the bench.

I don't think that was in jest.

Help Support Us

Become a patron