Elijah Long Transferring from Mt. Saint Marys

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Elijah is not a low-major player which is exactly what the Northeast Conference is. He will likely end up being a solid contributor off the bench for a Power 5 program averaging 6-8 points a game and being a great teammate. Top end is likely a 10-11 point scorer. In my opinion we should absolutely be looking at him and perhaps he is willing to pay his way for a year in order to circumvent the block by Mount St. Mary's. You look at what Elijah has done against high major squads and at least at this point he is more accomplished than an unknown like Jakolby Long. Granted, Jakolby has not had the opportunities to showcase his skills like Elijah.

Elijah played six games against NCAA Tournament teams last year (West Virginia, Iowa State, Minnesota, Michigan, Arkansas & Villanova). During those six games he averaged 15.2 points, 5.5 rbs and 4.0 assists. In those six games he was 26-31 from the FT line, 7-23 from 3 pt range and 29-85 from the field. He is an undersized two that like to attack the basket and consequently has a poor pct from the field. However, he will do the dirty work as apparent by the high rb and asst numbers. I absolutely would want him on the 2018-19 squad.

Sounds reasonable. But I guess CW already posted "its not happening", so supposedly this thread will die out.

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Eli just committed to Texas. Still can't believe people think that he's not a high major talent. Wish we could've pursued him!

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Prohm couldn't even get Naz's brother to visit and now he is going to a Big 12 team. Another miss by Prohm.

I have a sinking feeling this comes back to bite us.

Like, Elijah Long drills some game-winning shot against us at some point.

That would be the most ISU thing ever to happen, which means it will.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Prohm couldn't even get Naz's brother to visit and now he is going to a Big 12 team. Another miss by Prohm.
Or he evaluated and contacted he didn't wanna go to where his brother is extremely loved and didn't want to be asked or compared to him every freaking day and still play for a big time school.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Eli just committed to Texas. Still can't believe people think that he's not a high major talent. Wish we could've pursued him!

Or he evaluated and contacted he didn't wanna go to where his brother is extremely loved and didn't want to be asked or compared to him every freaking day and still play for a big time school.

Or he was blocked from coming to ISU by his school and we couldn't do anything in regards to recruiting him.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
Or he was blocked by the school and could go to ISU unless he was going to pay his own way, which I think was the joke in the OP.

Reactions: ComCY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I was joking.
giphy.gif

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That seems harsh... I have seen where coach's block upcoming opponents and though I don't think that is totally fair I can understand especially in conference.
All opponents in the PAST two seem vindictive. Apparently the Coach/AD were not pleased with Elijah leaving.

The coach may be sending a message to his other players to not view their games as "transfer interviews."

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
We were only taking one sit out guard. Shayok > Long. Happy for him though. Bet he gets a good reception from Hilton like he did with MSM.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
We were only taking one sit out guard. Shayok > Long. Happy for him though. Bet he gets a good reception from Hilton like he did with MSM.
Agreed, we only take one sit out guard. But we couldn't recruit him anyway. I think he wanted to have the ability to play in Hilton, and think if we were able to recruit him we would have come here.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I wish Elijah luck, except 2-3 times each year.

I'm glad for the Long family and Texas is probably a better place for him than ISU so he's not constantly getting compared to big bro.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron