Elijah Long Transferring from Mt. Saint Marys

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm going to be intolerable to watch games with next year. I may have to just excuse myself from other people during all the games because as soon as we have 4 TO's on our PG I'm probably going to lose my &%$#.

I guarantee that game threads will be filled with people ******** about turnovers. We have no idea how good we've had it for 4 years with Monte.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I guarantee that game threads will be filled with people ******** about turnovers. We have no idea how good we've had it for 4 years with Monte.
Oh, I know how good we had it. That's why I'm bracing for the storm...

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm going to be intolerable to watch games with next year. I may have to just excuse myself from other people during all the games because as soon as we have 4 TO's on our PG I'm probably going to lose my &%$#.

Just temper your expectations, and you might only implode 50% of the time :)

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Hey, I was already ******** about TOs when Monte was here so don't get mad at me next year ;)

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
He could contribute here but timing is everything so no thanks. He'll do well at a mid major and I'll casually follow him. Happy he is looking for higher level competition though. UNI or Drake would be smart to reach out.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The amount of possessions that Monté Morris "manufactured" over the years by not turning the ball over the past few years would be staggering.

We did not generate many extra possessions on the offensive boards, but we rarely turned it over on the offensive end and forced a pile of steals, making up for it. Making up for the rebounding only works when you have both of those things, though.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Absolutely. For example, Mark Alstork (one of the potential grad transfers) had 138 turnovers last year. Monte Morris had 165 IN HIS CAREER.

isu2014

May 16, 2011
Oskaloosa, IA
After watching Eli play in the NCAA Tourney, I'm sold on his ability to compete at a high level in the Big 12. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Prohm reach out.
Agreed. There was about 1 other scoring option on that team and he still played really well against high-level competition. It seems a lot of people are devaluing him because he played for The Mount, but I am also sold on his abilities as a high-level shooting guard. Has a nice release, can create his own shot and has elite quickness and good handles to penetrate into the paint. I've been wrong before, but I think (with the Long ties already at ISU) that he'd be a player we'd regret not picking up.

• Disagree
Reactions: Desiigner

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Last edited:

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
This isn't happening.

Not sure if it is what Iowa State is looking for or not, but I have also heard that MSM has ISU and every school that they've played the last 2 years blocked limiting where he can transfer to.
Well then, he'll be a nice grad transfer option in two years :)

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This isn't happening.

Not sure if it is what Iowa State is looking for or not, but I have also heard that MSM has ISU and every school that they've played the last 2 years blocked limiting where he can transfer to.

I don't have a problem with Iowa state not wanting him. Or him not wanting to play here.

But it seems like a bit of a **** move for them to block every team they've played for 2 years.

isu2014

May 16, 2011
Oskaloosa, IA
I don't have a problem with Iowa state not wanting him. Or him not wanting to play here.

But it seems like a bit of a **** move for them to block every team they've played for 2 years.
That was my thought too. I get not allowing rivals or key conference competition, but they've played a good amount of high-level competition in the past 2 years that they most likely won't see again. It sounds like sour grapes and limiting a kid's options just because he wants to play higher level basketball than 'The Mount' can offer. Stupid.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron