Elite Eight trip?

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
For those of you in Des Moines, looks like I'm heading to Wellman's in WDM with a few friends. They told me they had last night's match on, so should be on again.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
would love to see a volleyball title banner hanging in Hilton. I think if they win tonight they will have to take on Texas in San Antonio for the final 4 match... UGH

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Exactly. We were hooked in once with free tickets, and we get in at least 2-3 matches each year. It's an amazing and intense game.

I would modify what you said to say that every hit can be critical. :smile:

Us too! We went to the Nebraska match in '09 when we got in free with football tickets and even though we were swept, we got completely hooked. It's an intense, fast-paced, and (as last night) very hard on the blood pressure sport!

hawkclone11

Dec 13, 2008
would love to see a volleyball title banner hanging in Hilton. I think if they win tonight they will have to take on Texas in San Antonio for the final 4 match... UGH

No we won't! UCLA just knocked UT out of the tourney in 4 sets!! Can't wait for the match tonight and hoping we can play well and face UCLA in San Antonio. Let's go Cyclones!! :biggrin:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Watching Volleyball matches, especially these tourney matches, is like watching people play hot potato with a live grenade. Very intense and nerve wracking!