Employer Christmas Gifts

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Any job openings? They sound like a nice employer who appreciates their staff.

We seriously DO have openings right now - it's in Ames, but I can send you our info, if you want! Free health and eye benefits, some free life insurance, etc. :yes:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
We get a healthy end of the year bonus.

But for the first time we got an very nice pen and a $75 GC to Jordan Creek.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What in the world do you do?

Our company makes software for the health industry. I do phone support and go around training offices how to use it - mostly IT-type stuff for our proprietary software with some training elements. Seriously - we NEVER have openings, and have two right now. Anyone who wants info, let me know.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Our company makes software for the health industry. I do phone support and go around training offices how to use it - mostly IT-type stuff for our proprietary software with some training elements. Seriously - we NEVER have openings, and have two right now. Anyone who wants info, let me know.

When it comes to computers and electronics I might as well be Corky from Life Goes On.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I was tempted...but I need the 5 additional days of pay.

Care to share where this was?

I like to keep a short list of places I'll never work - especially when they treat people like that....

Perfectly understandable if you don't.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Sure you do! It is called columbus day off, MLK day off, Flag day off, and everyother stupid so called holiday. Merry Christmas!

I am being a smart azz, not a scrooge

Believe federal workers get Monday off this year for Presidential edict, a nice email to drive safe over the holidays, and in a month or so a end of rating year bonus of some amount.

Usually get the boss a gift calendar, chocolates, figurines to be on the safe side. He is a good boss by the way and he deserves a gift.

acs4isu

Sep 8, 2006
West Des Moines
Our company got suitcases with varying amounts of cash tucked away in them. I cleared $40, so couple that with a dinner and an open bar, not too shabby of a deal.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Let's see, what days us Federal employees get off:
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Presidents' Day
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Columbus Day
Veterans' Day
Thanksgiving Day
Christmas Day

Anything else is by Presidential edict (i.e., the only reason I have Christmas eve off this year is because Bush signed a bill that gave all Federal employees that day off. Ordinarily, we don't have that day off, though) or due to office/base shut down (and on these occasions we either have to take annual leave/compensation time/leave without pay/move our alternate work schedule day off).

As far as gifts - there are many ethics regulations that prevents/limits the gifts that Federal employees can get. Bosses cannot give employees gifts unless they are prepared to give all employees gifts, and this is stuff that is not messed around with as suspensions/firings are pretty much immediate. As far as Federal employees getting gifts from contractors, you are not allowed to receive any gift or combination of gifts from any one contractor that is greater than $20 in any fiscal year. This is strictly enforced and people are fired over this. It pretty much makes gift giving within the Federal government virtually impossible to do without running into some kind of ethical regulation dilemma, so it's generally discouraged.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
My dad has been working at the same company since 1989. Every year he gets a ham and $50/year he's worked there. He did say they're a few years behind on the bonus, but it's still a pretty good sized amount each year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron