ESPN+ perspective.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I am wondering what all the ESPN+ haters and the Hawk and B1G fans who laughed at ESPN+ subs, think now?

Big 12, content on ESPN networks, and Fox networks. Tier 3 content on ESPN+ for sub fee, or included with Hulu.

B1G, Content on Fox, CBS, B1GN, NBC, Also for sub fee on B1GN+, another Sub Fee on Peacock, and another Sub fee on Paramount+. Tier 3 available for sub on B1GN+.

So Big 12 you need cable and ESPN+ sub, or Hulu, which includes everything.

B1G you need cable, plus subscriptions to at least, 3 separate services to get all B1G content. Seeing lot of Hawk fans crying this week online.

ESPN+ doesnt seem so bad now after all.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I am wondering what all the ESPN+ haters and the Hawk and B1G fans who laughed at ESPN+ subs, think now?

Big 12, content on ESPN networks, and Fox networks. Tier 3 content on ESPN+ for sub fee, or included with Hulu.

B1G, Content on Fox, CBS, B1GN, NBC, Also for sub fee on B1GN+, another Sub Fee on Peacock, and another Sub fee on Paramount+. Tier 3 available for sub on B1GN+.

So Big 12 you need cable and ESPN+ sub, or Hulu, which includes everything.

B1G you need cable, plus subscriptions to at least, 3 separate services to get all B1G content. Seeing lot of Hawk fans crying this week online.

ESPN+ doesnt seem so bad now after all.
The peacock is annoying, I haven’t seen a game on paramount plus yet, also I have no idea what you need BTN+ for, I’ve never needed it to watch football or basketballs

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Peacock is $6 a month. Last week they were supposedly on Peacock but they were actually on NBC so anybody could watch it for free.

Fox owns the BTN so you can get both through the Fox Sports App.

Paramount+ doesn't have games, its just the streaming service where you can watch your local CBS affiliate.

Teams have very few games on BTN+, usually an Iowa-Lindenwood type game that nobody would watch anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrossCyed

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Peacock is $6 a month. Last week they were supposedly on Peacock but they were actually on NBC so anybody could watch it for free.

Paramount+ doesn't have games, its just the streaming service where you can watch your local CBS affiliate.

Teams have very few games on BTN+, usually an Iowa-Lindenwood type game that nobody would watch anyways.

I guess we’ll see how that reaction is this week. No, it’s not expensive, but the setup for streaming services is not intuitive for everyone. There’s a reason that cable networks still exist.

Reactions: BigCyFan

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
My dad is a huge hawk fan and he is irate. I told him I think it’s just the beginning for programs like Iowa.
It's a reality for the entire Big Ten. NBC Universal has gone all in on making Peacock work. They've spent a fortune on the WWE, the Big Ten and have one of the NFL wildcard games exclusively for the next 3 years.

Everybody is going to have football and MBB games there over the next 5 years.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The peacock is annoying, I haven’t seen a game on paramount plus yet, also I have no idea what you need BTN+ for, I’ve never needed it to watch football or basketballs

I might add it (isn't it only $6?) to watch more foozball.

Some of those random channels crack me up.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Paramount is supposed to get I think 7 games.

B1G+ is for tier 3. Like womens bball, some mens, hockey, soccer, softball, baseball, etc.

I would assume they could push more on there some day too, to drive subs. just like they do with peacock and ESPN+

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

Paramount+ College Football Deal
Paramount Plus has the right to stream 16 SEC games, 7 Big Ten, and 4 Mount West conference matches. All of them come with a ShowTime subscription.

The 2023 season is the final year of the CBS deal to stream SEC games and as Paramount+ has the majority of the games from CBS Sports, this might be the concluding year for them too.

With a handful of Big Ten as well as Mountain West conference matches airing for this season, the network might come up with more in the next year.

Peacock has both the free over air NBC stuff plus premium sub content. So some will be sub only.

BTN+ will have other tier 3 content....like non Football, Mens BBall. But may push more there in the near future. Basically if you want to watch more then just Football or mens bball, you have to sub to BTN+ where all of that content is included plus more on ESPN+ for B12 etc.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I love ESPN+ to be able to watch women’s sports.

We finally got Peacock for soccer.
Same, I watch so much ISU content as well as other schools on there too. Just no B1G content. LOL

Only soccer I watch is ISU women, and Ted Lasso.

I have basically every streaming sub service right now.......need to get rid of a few.

Reactions: carvers4math

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

Here is the BTN+ schedule for tomorrow. Awful lot of live games there for it not having any content.

Right now if you want to watch anything other than Football, and maybe Mens Bball, you have to have a sub. Dont be surprised if in the near future you see at least 1 FB game a week pushed there and many bball games too. They want that sub money.

Lots of Volleyball, Hockey, Soccer, I would assume in their seasons, womens bball, softball, baseball etc etc is all on there.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Same, I watch so much ISU content as well as other schools on there too. Just no B1G content. LOL

Only soccer I watch is ISU women, and Ted Lasso.

I have basically every streaming sub service right now.......need to get rid of a few.
Husband and some of the sons watch a lot of English Premier League. I think Champions League is on Paramount+, I suppose we will add that at some point too. I keep getting things about adding something to Max for sports. It never ends. ESPN+ was the game changer for me though.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I'm like 99% sure there's nothing exclusive on Paramount, just a streaming option for the CBS games.
It may be that way currently, not sure if they have put anything exclusive on Paramount+ yet or not, but from what I seen, they have the right to make the games on Paramount+ only. So I would not hold my breath that they are on both forever.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Here is the BTN+ schedule for tomorrow. Awful lot of live games there for it not having any content.

Right now if you want to watch anything other than Football, and maybe Mens Bball, you have to have a sub. Dont be surprised if in the near future you see at least 1 FB game a week pushed there and many bball games too. They want that sub money.

Lots of Volleyball, Hockey, Soccer, I would assume in their seasons, womens bball, softball, baseball etc etc is all on there.
Nah they won’t move football there, I don’t really watch any other college sports so this isn’t a concern for me or anyone I know really. I honestly didn’t even know BTN+ was a thing, I kinda thought it was standalone if you lived in an area without BTN.