ESPN+ perspective.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
There are a lot of folks in their 70's or older who still have cable or DISH or DirectTV. I know some. Just like to keep what is comfortable and familiar. I used to have DISH, and I liked it. It was easy. But I'm saving over $100 a month without it.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
I have met literally thousands of people that are that age (76) who are “that backward”, that’s not a rare phenomenon
I think I have a better perspective since I'm at that stage and know and associate with a lot more people in that category than you. You are a person that would look at our group and categorize us as old and stupid. You're also expecting us to dump our assets, from our success, into supporting your favorite team. You also criticize os for being "Boomers" which technically I'm not.
As I often remind you youngsters, what age people put men on the moon with computers to do their work. Your generation doesn't know how to make change without a computer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FriendlySpartan

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Either have cable or fubo to watch the Blazers. Or do some sneaky stuff with the game pass

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I think I have a better perspective since I'm at that stage and know and associate with a lot more people in that category than you. You are a person that would look at our group and categorize us as old and stupid. You're also expecting us to dump our assets, from our success, into supporting your favorite team. You also criticize os for being "Boomers" which technically I'm not.
As I often remind you youngsters, what age people put men on the moon with computers to do their work. Your generation doesn't know how to make change without a computer.
How old is your doctor? Do you have kids? Grandkids? If so, are they that inept?

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
How old is your doctor? Do you have kids? Grandkids? If so, are they that inept?
I can tell you that I had a lot more confidence in Drs I've had that are retired than the ones I've had contact recently. One of the grandkids is a PhD candidate in biomedical engineering and another that won a gold medal in basketball at the special Olympics in Florida last year.
Do I have an inept grandchild?
I'm probably inept for responding and participating in this progressive forum.
I'm done.

• Haha
Reactions: simply1

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Then don't say those things about him. Keep it to yourself. YOU proclaimed he was a technical idiot. I just reacted to what YOU proclaimed.

Will you quote where I said that?

Direct quotes, please.

Otherwise it's YOU sounding like a POS.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Looking at Iowa's upcoming schedule... Woof, all but Nebby and Wiscy SHOULD be on Peacock so that the general public doesn't have to witness those abysmal games..

Iowa's last 5 games after Wisconsin:

Minnesota (3-3, 1-2 in B1G), Best win by 3 against Nebby, Avg score in conference play 33-18
@Northwestern (3-3, 1-2), Best win in OT against MIN, Avg score in conference play 33-18
Rutgers (4-2, 1-2), Best win against NW or 2-4 VaTech, Avg score in conference play 21-15
Illinois (2-4, 0-3), Best win against Toledo, Avg score in conference play 31-13
Nebby (3-3, 1-2), Best win against ILL, Avg score in conference play 26-8

So the best win of their final 5 opponents is either Toledo, or Rutgers beating 3-3 NW or 2-4 VaTech