ESPN's Way-to-Early Top 25 in WBB for 24-25 lists the Cyclones at #10. What do you think?

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
Would you have viewed Belanger as a difference maker? The rumor is she was unwanted in the portal. Transfers are weird and impact is hard to evaluate.
when she signed, no. I’m glad to be wrong, but I feel like it’s going to be very difficult to find a backup for Audi or even another good 4 to play opposite of Williams. They need skills and attributes that aren’t as transferable as hitting a 3.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
What I’m afraid of is us not being able to pull any difference makers in the portal
Agreed. Hoping CFB continues to evolve his coaching philosophy. He seems to smart to not evolve, but there are still remnants of his stubborn habits.

Really need them to find some pieces to add to this roster for a special season.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
If a couple honestly good players can come from the portal, ISU just might be regularly in the top 15 next season. Ryan needs to remain healthy and cut down on the turnovers that plagued her, even in her better games. Same goes for Brown as well, regarding turnovers. Hopefully Williams is a diamond in the rough, since we know very little about her college game. I'd love to see AJ play the 2 and take more shots this year. When she's "on", she's deadly. Hope the two freshmen next season can prove to be as much of an unexpected surprise as those from this past season.

What WAS good to see on that top 25 list was no hok team anywhere to be found. THAT is a refreshing change.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
If a couple honestly good players can come from the portal, ISU just might be regularly in the top 15 next season. Ryan needs to remain healthy and cut down on the turnovers that plagued her, even in her better games. Same goes for Brown as well, regarding turnovers. Hopefully Williams is a diamond in the rough, since we know very little about her college game. I'd love to see AJ play the 2 and take more shots this year. When she's "on", she's deadly. Hope the two freshmen next season can prove to be as much of an unexpected surprise as those from this past season.

What WAS good to see on that top 25 list was no hok team anywhere to be found. THAT is a refreshing change.
AJ got beat up literally in the last stretch of the season. I still remember the January 3 point sinker she was, and I think that version of her will be back next year. I'm excited!

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
What I’m afraid of is us not being able to pull any difference makers in the portal
Hopefully we have one already in Williams. I'm confident we can pull a good shooter. Portal always has guards. Backup center seems we can replace but not necessarily upgrade. My big question mark is an athletic 4. They seem to be at a premium. That's why Bristow was such a blow. Not that she was there but the potential was evident.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Audi's improvements will be a key to everyone's turnover numbers. Obviously you want to run as much offense through her as possible. Seeing her work like she did towards the end of the Stanford game on positioning in the post will escalate our efficiency.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
This "Top 25" list should be done after the transfer portal has closed. Multiple players listed on teams have announced they are transferring (Creighton, Oregon State, UNC), so what happens when some of these top players end up at new homes? Add in that Tara is retiring, so what does that do to Stanford?

We will open the season ranked, and the goal will be to stay there.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This "Top 25" list should be done after the transfer portal has closed. Multiple players listed on teams have announced they are transferring (Creighton, Oregon State, UNC), so what happens when some of these top players end up at new homes? Add in that Tara is retiring, so what does that do to Stanford?

We will open the season ranked, and the goal will be to stay there.

It's just clickbait. Will be interesting to see the real pre-season polls once the dust settles on the transfers and coaching changes. Also the Big 12 coaches picks on who finishes where will be more realistic measures for setting expectations.

ABW

Jan 22, 2023
Maryland
A writer for The Athletic has Iowa State as her current favorite to win the Big 12. Iowa State's play against Stanford may be influencing some of the high rankings.

• Optimistic
Reactions: WartburgClone