Expected Drop in Power Rankings Begins

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We weren’t a car fire. Caught some untimely bad breaks that kept the game closer than it should have been.

So often with rankings, teams don't move down, even in bad performances, as long as there wasnt a L.

But because we're not a 'name' team we'll probably take a hit in most national rankings this week.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
My rationale for using the term "car fire" was:
A. Drive killing penalties
B. Horrendous play calling on offense
C. Poor play by the majority of receivers
D. Hit and miss blocking on the o-line

Fortunately the defense had a fire extinguisher in the back seat and while there were a few flames back there (several blown coverages on pass d) they kept them at bay pretty well.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Let's just say it like it is ... week 1 was a disappointment. We know Iowa will be better than UNI. We know that we need to improve if we are to have a chance to beat Iowa. We can also acknowledge there was "some" bad luck, but also some play calling issues.

Why is saying these things an "over-reaction?"

I think what needs to happen is people need to stop worrying about the Iowa game and look for things that are going to carry into the B12 season.

Gonna need playmakers for scoring once late September gets here. The Iowa game is just a part of that.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
In a vacuum, going strictly on performance last week, you could argue Iowa State being ranked 7th in conference is being generous.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I've been getting it from all my Florida buddies. Just let them talk. Two weeks will show is what we have.

Help Support Us

Become a patron