F*CK IOWA

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I haven’t read this entire thread, but have any Iowa fans sent death threats to this official yet? That would be shocking if nobody has.
One of them wanted the officials doxxed, (isn't it listed somewhere who the officials are) so they could threaten him, not sure if it was twitter or one of the Iowa forums.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Look I’m not going to pretend I wouldn’t be livid if that happened to Iowa State. However, seeing Reggie Smith screw over the Hawkeyes after doing it to Iowa State so many times in the Big 12 just made my Saturday.

Reggie wasn't the head ref, he was just a commentator called in, I thought.
(Similar to Dean Blandino)

Am I missing something?

• Agree
Reactions: qwerty

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Then why did the ref not start blowing his whistle and calling the play dead? Yes, according to the rules they got the call right, no one is saying they got it wrong, but they went to the replay to see, we were told, if he had stepped out of bound. Not to see if he had called for a free catch, only if he had stepped out of bounds.
I can see why their crappy fan base would be upset is all I am saying, I loved it, but can also see where they think they were screwed over.
Bottom line they lost, their offense sucks and they play no one, this call did everyone a favor.
All reviewable aspects of a play can be reviewed on a scoring play. The officials do not need to inform coaches what they are reviewing. Iowa didn’t get screwed. The officials ultimately got the call correct according to the rule book. Isn’t that better than having the wrong call made??

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009

This hack thinks anybody is going to be talking about a meaningless Minnesota @ Iowa 12-10 barn burner "for the ages".. hahahaha

In hokroach la la land it probably will be talked about for ages. Selective memory to say that reffing lost them the game and not the 2 yards of offense in the 2nd half.

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
To be a valid fair catch he has to wave his arm head high or higher, the kid looked like he was telling teammates to get away from the ball, thereby making it an invalid catch according to the rules and the officials. He still gets protection either way.
I have never seen something like that called in a game, where the player is signaling other players to stay away, he then picked up the ball and scored. I would guess if it does happen, the player picking up the ball is tackled, and then no one cares about the invalid fair catch signal, it only mattered here because he scored.

Just glad that EIU lost the game, but I did think they got screwed, which makes it even better.
from what I read including the refs statement, the nfl must raise the hand above Thier head but college only needs to wave their arms. but like you glad they lost. Also was thinking maybe their defense is not as good as they think since they don't play too many elite offenses in the big whatever they are.

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
Went to bed with a schadenfreude induced smile on my face. It's still there after taking a quick glance at Go Iowa Awesome this morning. Salty b*tches as far as the eye can see.

My ideal scenario is they lose to Nebraska causing them to miss the Big 10 title game. And their fans stay forever convinced that had it not been for the "crooked refs" picking on Cooper's naturally flamboyant running style, the Hawkeyes would have been in the playoffs with their elite defense and special teams.
not only that it knocked them out of the playoffs. lol

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
The hell he did. He put that b*tch in drive, gave ‘er hell and drove right through the back of the garage and ruined the living room.
Pretty sure he just set it on fire. TBD if it ends up burning down the whole house or not.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Jon Miller laying it out for Iowa fans who refuse to acknowledge they aren't world beaters. He says Iowa entered the FAFO phase and they found out.

**** that guy. **** that whole trash fanbase. It was not a bad call. It was the right call. This is barely even a drip of what that program and fanbase deserves.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Listen to Dolph's radio call, he doesn't say DeJean "pranced" over to the ball, he says he waved his guys off. Then Dolph repeated it after he got to the endzone. I'm baffled that people still think this call is anything but 100% correct.

I think many out there claim he was only pointing at the ball.

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
They are known for simulating the snap count so there is plenty of bush league there.
Yes! They are known around the league for this. It is absolutely dumbfounding how many critical false starts are called on opponents in Kinnick- of course, their fans will take credit for “doing their part” making all that noise.

Reactions: legi and BCClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron