F*CK IOWA

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Except now there isn’t a cakewalk through the B1G west, so a conference championship is going to be infinitely harder
Aye, the BIG leadership gave Iowa the golden ticket the past decade or so and they didn't win the prize...so, beginning in '24, the pillowy soft conference schedule that Iowa has had goes bye-bye. And, any Iowa fan that thinks their offense is going anywhere with Brian Ferentz, even with a QB that is going to cost $2M+...good luck with that. Spending any NIL on an offense run by Brian is simply lighting the money on fire.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
It's like when Hok fans like @Halincandenza wouldn't acknowledge that their center one year poked WI players' eyes multiple times and would grab/shove people at the tip off.

There's clear video evidence and it's just 'nope, didn't happen'.
Oh cause I don’t agree with a horrible call I’m a big Iowa fan now? Always a good argument.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Banks finished 2nd in the Heisman voting at Iowa, I'm sure NFL guys were paying attention. Banks was very mobile and had decent accuracy on short/mid-range passes. I don't think he had the downfield passing capabilities to do much in the NFL. He also benefited from playing behind the best Iowa OL in my lifetime.
I used to tell people even I could have been moderately successful behind that line, with that run game. Didnt like 3 of those OL have long NFL careers? And the RB Betts was a NFL guy for a while.

I always thought Banks was physically great, but lacking mentally- reading defenses, processing, decision making. And in the NFL thats probably what matters most.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Here we go again….. just remember before you start debating that Iowa should had been called for a leaping penalty on the play, giving Minnesota an automatic first down and completely negating any “invalid fair catch” and the punt return.

So if you want to argue about the wave, then argue about the “leap” over a stationary blocker that also wasn’t called
And if they really want to go there, the Cooper punt return for the winning TD against Michigan St should have been called back on two holds.

Help Support Us

Become a patron