F1 2023 Discussion

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Merc is the best of the 2023 liveries.
Hard to argue with that, although I like the Williams as well. Sadly I think Mclaren is my least favorite.

Side on comparison minus Alpine that I don't think has revealed yet.

pskgixsbxbia1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: JBone84 and ISUKyro

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Any recommendations for good YouTube or online information sources for a novice F1 fan?

My dad is starting to get into F1 (courtesty of Drive to survive) and I'm trying to find some good beginner educational resources. I've got him watching the official F1 channel, The Race, and then MB official team channel. Figured those were some good starter sources. The MB channel is just because during the season the post race summary they do is a good source of information for a new fan IMO.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
Honestly, I wouldn’t go any further. It sounds like he has all the right resources. Time to just sit back and let the action happen.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Any recommendations for good YouTube or online information sources for a novice F1 fan?

My dad is starting to get into F1 (courtesty of Drive to survive) and I'm trying to find some good beginner educational resources. I've got him watching the official F1 channel, The Race, and then MB official team channel. Figured those were some good starter sources. The MB channel is just because during the season the post race summary they do is a good source of information for a new fan IMO.

The shift F1 podcast does a preseason breakdown targeted exclusively at newcomers to the sport. No idea if it has been released yet.

Beyond the Grid does a good job of interviewing people past and present to learn more about the history and behind the scenes stuff. Although, it is a bit watered down being an official F1 podcast.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny

Chain Bear on youtube has a lot of good informational videos over the years that are easy to understand.

• Agree
Reactions: JHUNSY

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

https://www.youtube.com/@chainbear lots of good informational F1 videos

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN

P1 with Matt and Tommy. Podcast and/or YouTube.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ

P1 with Matt and Tommy. Used to be part of WTF1 but since the new group took over, they really watered down the content.

Reactions: JBone84

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Stroll out of Pre-season testing because of injury.

Kind of bizarre but not too uncommon for guys to missing testing. Didn’t Lando miss last year’s with the flu or something?

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Kind of bizarre but not too uncommon for guys to missing testing. Didn’t Lando miss last year’s with the flu or something?
Definitely not the end of the world. Teams are limited to one car at a time anyway. The only thing that will really hurt is developing the setup for the first race for him, if they even do that here. My guess is this is more about working the kinks out of the cars.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Are the preseason testing sessions televised at all?

DTS tomorrow and racing next weekend. **** yeah.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron