F1 2024 Discussion

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
You crash your car you sit out. Sargent isn’t good but by no means should he be punished for his teammates mistake. Kinda hope Albon has to retire the car this weekend

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I am pretty blown away with the Williams news. Not from a standpoint of being surprised they are doing it, I'm surprised at F1. When your claim to keep new teams out is, "You don't add value to the series." You think they'd take a long hard look at some of these teams that can't even afford to put together a back-up car. It literally should be a rule that you have to have a back-up car to participate as an F1 team.

Reactions: tre and Drew0311

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I am pretty blown away with the Williams news. Not from a standpoint of being surprised they are doing it, I'm surprised at F1. When your claim to keep new teams out is, "You don't add value to the series." You think they'd take a long hard look at some of these teams that can't even afford to put together a back-up car. It literally should be a rule that you have to have a back-up car to participate as an F1 team.

The way I understand it is the big boys used to build like 6 cars. Then they wanted to cut cost and made them cut down to only being able to have 3 cars. For Williams not to have a reserve car seems crazy. It would be like only showing up to a basketball game with only 5 guys and nobody could come in when someone got hurt. Its just strange.

Reactions: Clonefan94

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
It's not totally unheard of to not have a 3rd car ready at the beginning of the season, for the small teams anyways. Unfortunate for Logan but he's very clearly the #2 driver and he's had basically zero success in F1.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
by Whom? Mick? if it's him, that's not exactly an upgrade...

Not sure by who. Maybe they give Mick a last chance for the second half of the season to see if he could iron out the mess he had at Haas. Then if he can't cut it, they can get a new driver out of the massive amount of available driver's next season

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Not sure by who. Maybe they give Mick a last chance for the second half of the season to see if he could iron out the mess he had at Haas. Then if he can't cut it, they can get a new driver out of the massive amount of available driver's next season

That Haas car was competitive when Kev came back, that wasn't a Haas issue, that was 100% a Mick issue. I'm soooo damn tired of Haas being blamed for Mick's terrible driving, he split the car in half twice... Mick get's a pass because of his last name and it's so damn frustrating.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUKyro

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I’m having to keep drinking to stay awake for this one. I didn’t even drink that much earlier, but I’m old now and a few beers and a whiskey celebration for the basketball game put me in that keep sipping or start sleeping state.

Reactions: Bigman38

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I’m having to keep drinking to stay awake for this one. I didn’t even drink that much earlier, but I’m old now and a few beers and a whiskey celebration for the basketball game put me in that keep sipping or start sleeping state.
Yeah, I lost the rear end for a second there but I've straightened it out and ready to go now.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Coffee, ice sphere, whiskey, and bitters for me, calling it a bold fashioned.

Going to probably regret it though. Seems like we always have a wreck here- the second we get a red flag I’m done.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
giphy.gif

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
oh ****, I thought we were still an hour from the start so I thought it was safe to open the thread.

Well now I have to stay up and watch it after this Oregon/Creighton game gets over. This is all your guys fault.